Breaking in

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 38
i just bought a couple of xenon d2's and was wondering how long i should let them break in for. i drive lots and for my job right now i drive all night last night for 4 hours and tonight for 8 or 9. anyone know about how many hours i should wait before i crank them? i herd that these kind take a while to break in.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 268
1/4 gains max for 4-6 hours and keep it on law volume

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3944
just play them like you normally would they will be fine they wont break from playing them hard only from clipping. once they break in they will just sound better and get louder

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 255
Ya, I just got my new sub put in and I play it loud and it's fine. No problems at all and it sounds better everyday.

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 511
I took a video of my sub the day I got it, and i'm going to take another one in the same conditions and see if there realy is a such thing as "break in". I will be making the second video pretty soon, and I will post it when I do.

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 41
well when i 1st got my JLs i didnt wait and just cranked them but thats how i blew the voice coils. i think you really do need to break them in cause if theyre stiff and then you just crank them youll f*ck sh*t up. but i live in norther bc too so the cold coulda done it when i cranked them. :P

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 5127
When my Q arrived it felt like the cone had a metal spider. Very stiff. My Mag as well. Time loosened them up like a pair of shoes. I like my worn in shoes!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us