2 18" BLs space issues, box question

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2238
Well first off yeah!!!! I got my xx colossus yesterday, ok i want, no need 2 18" BLs i wanna build sort of a huge box, or wall in my back seat but after sub and port displacement i will only have like 4 cubes each for the 18" BLs, i was wondering if they will be fine if i only have them in 8 cubes tuned to like 32 hz with 154 sq of port area?? Unless i just get 2 15" BLs but will there be a huge difference in sound between 2 18" and 2 15"?? Thank you, you know i alwayz appreciate the input!!

BTW i wanna try to do hair tricks so the 18"s will be betta right? And i like lowz.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2239
YEAH BOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 2008
I think there will be a huge differnce from the 15 vs 18. same reason people say the BTL 18 is better for #'s on lower freq. then lets say a dd9515..

Space wise im not sure but i think that might be a lil small , what kind of ride do you have?

Want the best lows = 18's and for easier hair tricks... build a wall

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2240
I have an 03 ford focus se, the max dimensions i can work with are 40" wide 30" high and 20" Deep the port has to be on the bottom of the enclosure though or else the 18" subs wont fit if i put the port from top to bottom.

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 2014
i had the same issue with my box... ports across the bottom

38 wide\24 high\28 deep I THINK* id have to double check but i got about 12cu out of it. BTW, you made sure the arms from the trunk wont hit the box in the places you measured when you close it right? I heard sombody mention before they built a box and didnt notice that... it didnt fit in there ride :-( such a waste. how much space does 20in deep leave you from the port to the rear?

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2241
yeah i can only do 20" deep max, thats from the front seats to the rear bottom where the seats that fold down are.

Its kinda gotta look like this.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2242
image/bmpUpload
y64h.bmp (74.7 k)

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2243
FUKIN PIECE OF SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ignore that tiny azz picture, im tired of resizing it already.

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 2020
Well you need space between the port and rear or your tuning can be considerably lower. I have my box tuned to 40hz.. if i move it so there is only 2 inchs from rear it sounds about 35-36hz tuning... and when i move it 10-12inchs away it gets alot louder and not as good on the lows, still nice tho.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2244
o ya actually im using the RE enclosure calculator and i think it automatically puts if you want ur port 4" wide, it will put 4" from the back panel, if thats what your talking about.

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 2021
No no, i dont think that is what im referring to. Im saying say your port hole is 1 inch away from touching the rear inside of the trunk... ussualy your going to want about 8 inchs or more so it doesnt effect your tuning as bad. If it is very very close you will need to tune the box alot higher then you want the outcome tuning to be.. or it will be alot lower then you wanted.

your box is one thing, im just saying for depth dimensions, if your total from rear of trunk to the seats is 20" you will want to make that a bit smaller of dimension.. you follow me? if not ill draw u a mini pic lol

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2245
lol not really
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums