THink this is gonna blow my Treos?

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 200
I have two Treo 15" TSXs DVC 2ohm. I just bought a visonik 4000d amplifier. The 2 ohm rms wattage on it is 3200. I know a while back B was running a orion 2500 to each of his subs so i figure this wont be as powerful as that set up. so i think im in the clear? wat do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 484
No your not in the clear.

Bleeding ears is serious stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 181
You will smoke them with that amp DO NOT TRY!

For competition maybe, but you would have to know what you are doing.

B knew what he was doing, thus he didn't blow the subs. I don't think you would be so lucky.

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
Im not exactly an idiot here haha. Im consulting the treo guys on this one. They believe it will be fine if the gains are set correctly. THey said these amps are overrated and they want to wire it at 2 ohms. B had his at 1 ohms. thats 5000 watts and ill be pushing around 3000.

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 188
No, you are definately not an idot. You did the right thing by consulting the treo employees.

You could run any amp if you set the gain low enough. Since you already have the 4000d, you'll be fine on 2ohm. Just make sure you set the gain correctly and also set your other filters correctly.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3707
correction B had his wired at .5 ohms lol

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1634
^I was going to say...and just because you cut the resistance in half does not mean you will get double the power.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1441
B had TSX 15.22 so they were dual 2ohm. how'd he hav em at .5 with 2 amps?
Idk if you'll b find blastin it alot...but keep the gain a lil low, and hopefully u got the chargin upgrades to run that much power

Bronze Member
Username: 2000lade

Lafayette, IN United States

Post Number: 17
i would NOT put that much power on TSX's.... no way would i ever! even with the gain low NOPE NEVER

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
we'll see how it goes, if the treo guys install it i get 3 years worth of warranty so itll be their hassle replacing blown ones. if i do blow them tho ill get them to replace them and then sell that amp off and get another one. yea i wasnt sayin his 2500d was puttin out 5000 watts, he had two of em.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us