Ahh i need help deciding

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 250
ok so i ahve been pondering on a new copm set for a lng time now and just realized that i cannot get a factory amp because of my factory fixed xovers on my amp. I do not want to replace my amp rite now becaus eit will be a mess of wireing and i will have to spend money i do not have. But basically i am looking for soom bigger tweeters for my sails with the ability to play as low as 4kHz and preferably 2 ohms and i am also looking for some nice 6.5"-6.75" mid woofers with a mounting depth of no more than 2.8" also 2 ohms preferred and i am looking to spend not much more than $150 shipped

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1519
well ohm loads on tweeters really don't matter that much. 4khz is normal for most aftermarket tweets. I think most are safe to about 2khz. CDT's cross theirs at 3.5khz or so. not too many components in 2ohm form though. And at your price range you'll be limited in your selection. Also change out that amp now instead of speakers. The amp is very constricting and can make your speakers not even sound good. At my old shop we always changed out the amp cause factory amps suck and really limit what you can do. You're almost better using an aftermarkets internal amp than most of the factory amps. What kind of car do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4887

quote:

The amp is very constricting and can make your speakers not even sound good. At my old shop we always changed out the amp cause factory amps suck and really limit what you can do. You're almost better using an aftermarkets internal amp than most of the factory amps. What kind of car do you have?

Completely agreed.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 252
I have a 200 Chrysler 300M the only reason i dont want to buy an ew amp is because the install will be a b*tch (theres 9 speaker locations i need to wire up) but also if i do get a new amp i am going to have to get my front dash heavily modified to accomidate 2 4 inch coaxials for my center channel because i do not want to mess around with bridging 2 channels while using the 2 channels seperate to drive the center and front Left and right. Basically i do not have enough time or money to do the whole job "correctly" so i just want to do it peice by piece. So can anyone help me out with some suggestions for seperate tweets and midwoofers?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 255
2000 Chrysler 300M**
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us