Help

Username: Balla45

Tipp City, Ohio U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
I am looking to install some subs in my chevy truck its a 1995 chevy silverado ext. cab i already have a sub box that fits two twelves but if anyone could tell me what else i need to buy besides subs and what size and an estimate of how much it costs i would very much appreciate it.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 624
Well how much do you wanna spend?

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 625
Also, is it a sealed or ported box and how big is it? You'll need an amp and all the wiring, potentially a new alternator if you're going with a lot of power.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 5069
Waaaaay too broad of a statement. Narrow your wants/abilities first please.

Tipp City, Ohio U.S.A.

Post Number: 4
it was a 10" box my bad but i was gonna buy two brand new 10's from my buddy and i think they are 750 watts each but im not trying to spend very much, something that is cheap price wise lasts a long time and sound ok.
Thanks

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 626
OK...but what's cheap man. How much are you willing to spend total. Also, how many cubic feet is the box and is it sealed or ported?

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 627
And what 10s is he trying to sell you?

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 632
No info for us?

Tipp City, Ohio U.S.A.

Post Number: 5
he is selling me two JL Audios and they are 750 watts each and both are tens the box is NOT ported and he has no clue what size of an amp to get and everything else that i need he got the subs for his birthday and never wanted them or used them
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 304
Are they 750Wrms or 750W peak?

Tipp City, Ohio U.S.A.

Post Number: 6
well i am not buying those from him BUT i found another sub that i am going to buy here is the link http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/ListProduct.aspx?k1=2&k2=43&k3=157&pr=2345
if you could tell me what size of amp,capacitor, etc. that i need i would appreciate it. (just the cheapest to mid-range price will work)
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 91
And yet you still still haven't told us what your budget is. I know you can get a better sub for the money.

Tipp City, Ohio U.S.A.

Post Number: 8
i couldnt find out how much those subs were that i posted the link to,so i probly won't buy those. but i have almost 550 to spend so just tell me the best stuff i can get for that.

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 46
not sure about prices in the us but you said you want to know what youll need. if you get your buddies subs rated for 700 watts then youll want to get an amp to push at least 600 to each of them (1200 watt amp) and that amp will be pricy. since you seem new to this and ive seen it dont buy 1200 watt sony xplod amp or anything stupid. went from that to a 500 jl amp and its louder! :-O funny eh? anyways then youll need of course power cable to run from your battery to wherever you want your amp. an after market deck. someone (or yourself) to hook up a rem cable unless your amp has signal sensing. and then some rca cables and speaker wire.

save up your money because youll spend around 1000-1500 dollars if you care about sound quality and want them to be lound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us