Won't eject cd's.. looking for advice on fixing.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 410
Alright so lets say hypothetically i have a Jensen VM9311 flip screen head unit, but it won't take in or eject cd's. does anyone know what might be causing this, if i could fix it, or how much it would be to get it fixed?

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 415
bump.. lol

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4877
There are a multiplicity of parts that could have gone bad that are involved in ejecting/loading the disc...honestly, coming from Jensen, they're probably just going to sell the whole mechanism in order to get it fixed, and it might not be worth it, or the parts might not even be available. Did anything happen to cause the disc mech to have ejecting/loading problems?

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 417
well the reason i said hypothetically is because i'm actually thinking of buying this certain unit. someone is selling one for $100 and i figured if i can get it for that price and it costs like 50 to get it fixed, then it would be worth grabbing.. so i guess what i'm saying i can't really answer ur question.. lol. but how about ur opinion? you think it's worth it?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4891
Hmm, I don't think so. Considering it's a Jensen, there's a low chance that the part is available, and it could cost up to $120, if not more, especially considering it's a DVD mech for an LCD unit (meaning it's miniaturized as well). And in the end, it isn't a super high quality unit that you'd end up with either. It wouldn't be surprising to encounter more problems with it after that. But ultimately, it's up to you. You might want to call a local repair shop and see if they can obtain a mech and how expensive it is (and possibly labor, though I could guide you in removing the old mech and putting in the new one), or even if there are separate parts for the mech that Jensen will sell.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us