soundstream xxx 6500
jl 500/5
pioneer 780 hu
3 yellow top batts
1/0 gauge wire
Audio Control The Epicenter
The Big 3 1/0 gauge
ive been lookin and couldnt figure out which one i should get please
help thanx i believe it needs to be a 18v alt to get the most outta that amp i decided not to copy u cad on the 4kw halp would be appreciated on this need websites i can go to and all that

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1615
Don't go with anything that requires 18volts or you'll have a bit more work on your hands.For an alternator go with an alternator from Iraggi.You can find him on ebay and he's got a lot better service than Excessive Amperage I'll tell you that.You really should go with a Memphis 4KW as opposed to an amp that needs 18 volts of input.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11650
looks like rob summed it up nicely.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 6726
What Rob said. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1620
Hey Logan, if you keep up those short and pointless posts of yours you'll soon surpass my post count. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6730
lmao which one?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12008
nothing wrong with excessive...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1626
^Yea right.Before I even joined Ecoustics I heard bad stories of Excessive Amperage,then after joining I heard a bunch more sh1t about EA on this forum alone.It's hit or miss with those guys.From the people on the forum it could be user error/install error but that's not the case with my buddy who's owns a shop and has been in the business for 14 years.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12013
yawn...are you done??lolj/k

and I no of people who have been running excessive for years and no problems...i have heard just as many stories about iraggi as i have excessive..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6731
I have an excessive amperage 200a alt. Havent installed it yet though...It looks nice.lol

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 231
yea but if i get a mamphis 4kw than im 4001watts away from havin more than chad lee when oppose to gettin a 6500 watt i only be 2500away lol but if u all insist i gues iw ill go with the 4kw imite be able to get good rms with a 16volt alt but i dont no the exact specs

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 661
i believe the 6500 only does 6500 at 16v

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
16v alt is defidently better than gettin an 18v if it is tru that it only need 16v then i'll get that

Gold Member

Post Number: 1627
Where do you plan on getting 16volts from?Logan why haven't you installed that alternator yet?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1152
You can't run your car on anymore than 14 volts, so forget about that amp, you will never get anywhere near 6500 watts from it, unless you do dual alts and 16 volts batteries for the amps. You are looking at thousands of dollars for that, if dual alts is even possible, which it isn't on a lot of engines.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1628
^It's possible as long as you're doing custom work.I may actually tear my AC out just to run another alt.

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Funky Town, TX United States

Post Number: 404
yeah i have been thinking the same thing. to get 18 volts would be pretty hard let alone 16 unless of course your just through bills at it. but if its a daily setup then 14 is it. most of thesse places offer around 300a or so. so go with the biggest you can get and work from there alt wise.

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
it isnt gonna be BOOM like that type of set up i plan on spendin almost a year to do it all i will have the fi btl hooked to a poo poo amp until i get it all done i just need some thump till it is all done im thinkin bout gettin thiss http://cgi.ebay.com/300amp-Dominator-Series-Alternator-Chevy-GMC-Pontiac_W0QQite mZ5758208792QQcategoryZ14932QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
and i mite have a good deal on a 4kw if that falls thru then ima get that instead of the 6500 i just want sumtin not many peepz have

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
u can also get a custome built alt from http://www.excessiveamperage.com/ from 12-20v

just would need a 18v battery

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 180
No such thing as an 18volt battery that I know of. However, you can wire 3 6volt batteries together to get 18volts.

If it's a daily driver system, use 14volts. Stop being such a jew and trying to do more.

What's your budget for amps? Try hifonics, DD, memphis, and rockford fosgate. The SS 6500 is a little current hungry for a daily driver system. I would recommend hifonics.

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
lol most of the times jews are tryin to save money im tryin to spend my budget is w/e i got a job and i can save up

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 484
if you upgrade alternator do u have to upgrade battery?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us