Some honest advice?

Username: Mack1989

Post Number: 1
Hey guys i tahnk you for all your help in advance.

I am shopping around looking for a system for my rsx. My budget is not huge but i have been shooping around on ebay and have found some things that seem like great deals.

I have herd alot of bad things about the Kicker L7 such as bad quality and SQ. this said i can get it for cheap and power it with this amp which i could also get for very cheap. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14933

Honestly how would this sound. I am young and just really want somethign that will pound very hard. As far as the sound quality goes when people say it is bad how bad do they mean. Like will it be greatly noticable or will it just be somethign that a true SQ guru would point out. Thanks alot for your advice.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1608
When you get a Kicker L7 you have to be careful with those subs.They blow fairly easily unless you're careful.Let us know your budget please because we can get you something that might not be quite as loud but it will sound much cleaner and still provide enough output for you.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 6721
Please dont get any of the. What is your Budget?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6722
Look into an Audioque SD2.5 They are awesome little subs. They get loud and sound awesome.

http://www.audioque.com/aq/index.htm

Post Number: 2
well my budget is fairly unclear right now. I was looking at that L7 for around 185 which didn't seem like a bad deal.

I would really like to use the amp that i mentioned above unless you guys think that its crap and would not be able to dish out the power it says it can.

If i could use that amp i could spend anywhere from 100 to about 300 just for the sub, i can build my own box so that will not be an issue.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3701
just save up your money the first time otherwise your just gonna come back here like the rest of us and just keep going an going alwasy trying to get better just because weve had a couple systems that we thought would be good but werent so now we just go all out and im telling you get something great just to start off with. it will be worth it in the end also i would have to say in that car u should go with a single 15 ive heard them in those cars and they sound amazing

Silver Member
Username: Rob1083

Post Number: 131
for a about 25 more u could have one of these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4194_Alpine+SWR-1542D+-TYPE+R-.html

that will sond a hell of alot better and in a nice ported box will get plent loud

how many subs did u want and how much $ for an amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6723
wooow thats too much for an L7.

Silver Member
Username: Rob1083

Post Number: 132
rsx is that a hatchback?

Post Number: 3
Im looking at only one sub due to the fact that i still want some storage room. Either a 12" or a 15" would be ideal. As far as how much i want to spend on the amp, i am not really sure. I was hoping to maybe find a lucky deal or a good sale on ebay or the internet and get something powerfull for around 200 dollars. And yes the RSX is a hatchback.

Post Number: 4
what is the deal with kenwood amps. They seem to dish out alot of power without a big price tag. Worth considering?

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 481
kenwood amps arent very good

Gold Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 1064
hey man if ur willing to buy used I am selling a PG Xenon 400.1 and a diamond audio C3 15". the 15 has been used for a couple months and is in good condition, and the amp has been used for the same and is also in excellent condition. I would sell you both for 210 shipped.let me know I can get pics up

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 737
ide get a 15" Audioque SD2.5:
http://www.audioque.com/aq/SD2_5_Series.htm

and this amp:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2461&C FID=4017738&CFTOKEN=773c50a0e11961b0-9FD0BE6A-1422-7C6E-50ADEC73DC94FDEF

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 738
^^^^^it would probly cost roughly 400-450 shipped

Post Number: 9
Thanks alot for all your advice it has been great and really cleared my mind.

about those Audioque's how loud will that 15" get compared to the 15' type r and what about its sound quality. Also i had some trouble finding a site to buy it from. If anyone could throw that up i would really appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us