What is louder

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 423
ok what does it exactly mean by tuning like say i got a box tuned to 34hz and i have another boxed tuned to 48hz which would get louder and this is for 2 12" kicker l7's i keep hearing diff things from my friends so i wanted to ask on here. I hear that if i want really really low bass but chancing to blow tune it lower but if i want really loud bass that can hit the highs nicely and also hit the lows pretty nice tune it higher? is this correct

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 424
bump

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 675
Tuning higher is usually a bit louder, but sounds a lot worse. You want to tune it to what manufacturer recommends. I believe there's a higher chance in blowing them when tuned too high. For better sound quality, you don't want 48Hz. Then again - with those kickers, you're hardly getting quality anyway. Go with what manufacturer suggests.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 425
yeah i just took advice from a guy who is building my box he says he been building boxes since 1987 and hes the one that told me to get it tuned to 48hz cuz its kicker l7's and it would make them sound better tunin it higher for that type of sub

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 677
That may be true since those are SPL subs and tuning higher does get louder. I bet it's gonna sound like shYt though lol

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 426
yeah but it is true im stricly mainly for spl so it prob wont bother me just wanted to figure out if it would be louder then a 34hz box.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 427
bump

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 115
man your ish is gona ound i got 2 10" and i rock out on em!! my system comes down..

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 116
man your system is gona be poundin regardless i got two 10" L7's and my sh*t comes down..

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 429
lol yea i know that but i had a different box b4 i think it was tuned at like 35hz but that box broke so now i got a custom made box instead which the guy told me 48hz is good for l7's so tahts why im asking is my l7's really gonna be louder then b4 and like how will the notes hit this time since the tuning is different.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 621
I built my box to 35hz. A few people suggested that to me. I don't know if that helps tho.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 430
Thats what mine was tuned at before 35hz but that box broke so now i got a custom made box instead which the guy told me 48hz is good for l7's so tahts why im asking is my l7's really gonna be louder then b4 and like how will the notes hit this time since the tuning is different.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 623
I don't know what to tell you for sure. I just can't imagine ANY sub sounding better at 48hz than 35hz. Feel free to wait for more opinions, but I would stick to 34-38hz. Just my opinion tho.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 431
yea that is true but im mainly based on spl so really loud. SQ isn't a really big deal for me so thats mainly why im asking this. Like i know 48hz is gonna be louder then 35hz but just like how much louder and like the type of diff notes. Like is it gonna make the high notes louder or the low notes louder or both

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 628
you got me...wait for someone who knows more about tuning. sorry

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1236
I had a pair of CVX 12's tuned to 42Hz (prefab box) They sounded like absolute crap. they missed beats and didnt get very low. I then got a custom box made for them tuned to 33Hz and the difference was huge. With the custom box the subs played where they didnt play before and they were noticeably louder. Just my 2 cents....

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 432
yea i guess everybody has there own opinons i guess im just gonna have to wait until i test it out myself

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 433
yea i guess everybody has there own opinons i guess im just gonna have to wait until i test it out myself any other opinons would be good to

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 434
any more opinons from otha people

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 633
not trying to be a @$$ but why does it matter? hook it up and see how it sounds. opinions don't mean sh!t

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 435
lol cuz i dont have it yet im still waiting for my box in the mail so i wont know for a week so thats why im tryin to get a heads up so i know what im gonna be looknig for when i do hook it up

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1238
Ummmm....my post wasnt an opinion. It was a FACT based off my own experience. Tuning it higher will make your subs peak at higher frequencies. So it will be louder at the higher frequencies. If I'm not mistaken, the CVX and L7 are basically the same sub, just one is round and one is square.

I never understood that....people ask a question and when they dont like the answer they keep bumping the thread and asking for more opinions. If you already have the box on the way, why are you asking this question? Please just go put your L7's into the f@rt box and come back and whine about how sh!tty it sounds.

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1473
its not gonna be much louder except for at the tuning point
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums