Tuning??

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 418
ok what does it exactly mean by tuning like say i got a box tuned to 34hz and i have another boxed tuned to 48hz which would get louder and this is for 2 12" kicker l7's i keep hearing diff things from my friends so i wanted to ask on here. I hear that if i want really really low bass but chancing to blow tune it lower but if i want really loud bass that can hit the highs nicely and also hit the lows pretty nice tune it higher? is this correct

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 419
bump

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2064
Well obviously the 48 would get louder, but not sound very good, but it wouldn't sound gr8 anyway.

Low tuning = less chance of pushing the Xmax of the driver due to low notes not unloading as much lower than 32hz isn't really needed in a car because of cabin gain

High tuning = more efficient, but more chance of unloading and damaging the driver and quicker roll off of low notes below the tuning frequency (24hz at a 48hz tuning would be 24dB softer at 24hz than 48hz)

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 420
ok but this is for 2 12" l7s so since i got those subs would it actully be better to go with the 48hz? and when u say louder do u mean like hit harder or what. so whats the smarter way to go with these subs 34hz or 48hz. and also is 48 louder in the ears or louder in teh impact of the bass.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 421
bump

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 422
any other opinons

Silver Member