Hidden/Stealth Subs

Silver Member
Username: Shaftofair

Post Number: 126
I've been leaning on the idea of putting some subs into my Suburban, and I was thinking about using the space behind the driver seat, but I really need that.

Would it be possible to do an install where I put the subs in the sides and in place of the rears? What 6.5s would be good for this purpose of getting a lot of bass from where the rears used to be and with about a foot of space on the sides of the vehicle what could I fit in there to get maximum output and deep bass?

Do I need more or less power to get the same amount of bass from these hidden locations? I'm getting pretty good output from the 6.5s in the front doors right now (on 300w), but I'm not getting shaken like I want to.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2309
get some 8 inch subs and place them under the 2nd row seating. Have someone build you a nice stealth box, ported and such, so that you can get the most out of the subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
What are some good 8-inchers that can take 4kw? Or are there some? Do I have to resort to using more than 2?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2310
4000rms? If you want 4000rms, you can't go stealth. What is it that you really want? Bass, or midbass?

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
Deep BASS! I'm working on a project on my computer using isobarics to get lower, although it's using 1000x the power I'd need to get the same SPL with some efficient very low Xmax 18's all powered off 2w, in theory anyway.

I like the rumbles.

-Sam

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 191
uh ohhh berney u mentioned 8 inch subs now wolfman is gonna post a video of the cd floating in here lol

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2314
lmao, yeah i wonder how longs it going to take him!

Silver Member

Post Number: 129

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 197
i dont no once he picks up the smell of the word 8inch sub has been ritten lol i have no clu what i just said

Coccaine is one hell of a drug
Rick James-

Crack is wack i dont smoek crack cause i can afford something betta
Whitney Houston-

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 779
Low xmax 18s? Tomahawk Live maybe. I've only seen them in 15s though.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1762
Dude, just use the area behind your third row seats if you have a suburban... you can always remove the third row if you need luggage/ hauling space...

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
I guess you're right, Reece. I need recommendations for 1 or 2 18s or 15s that will make use of 4kw and I should remind you I'm all for SQ over SPL anyday.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11735
hate to burst your bubble, but an isobaric enclosure merely saves some space. It won't have any effect on how low or low the speakers hit. If you want to mess with box design, try bandpass. 6th order.

As for a stealth system in that behemoth you have, I'd go with an 18" sub, like BTL, in a false floor in the rear section, where you could cover the sub with a grille and speaker cloth or automotive carpet and have it completely hidden under what appears to be the floor of the Suburban.

Only way you'll get as much bass as you want and still have any hopes of hiding it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
Would two fully loaded BTLs fit and rumble me like I want?

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 923
Two fully loaded BTLs, powered right, will be loud and rumble everything in your vehicle.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 155
wolf has the right idea, i'd make a false floor and fire the sub or subs downward so u coudl still put luggage and what not ontop
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us