Logan/canaan

Gold Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 1017
1st question is for logan....u said u had ur 2500d running off a 55a alt and a yellow top right...im short on cash right now and i was only gunna run it at 1700rms on a 140a alt and stock batt but would i be ok at 2500?????i only listen wile driving and never at max volume for more than a few min?????it would be temp untill i get some $$$$ but let me know...

Question 2 could really be answered by anyone with a 2500d........just double checking...im gunna run 1/0 from my batt to a distro block and then 2 runs of 2g to the amp and 2 2g grounds from the amp??is that right???? also 1 last Q!!!!! i got an extra 3ft of 1/0g ground....would that be enough for the big 3?? or how much more will i need???
Sorry for the long post but im goin to bed and i just wanted to get everything in 1 thread....THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Bump05

CashMoney, 15 Hd3 USA

Post Number: 1030
question #1 should be cool dont play for a long itme though could mess something up either causing ur amp to blow or sub to clip

Question #2 an orion 2500d takes 2 4gauge inputs for power but id run 2 1/0 runs to it more power the better :-)

Last Question and normally people mesure with there tape measure for big 3 but usually id say 10ft depends how far ur alt is and wehre u wanna ground ur wires. 10ft on safe side just use ur tape measure

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2308
Question 2: You should be fine. and 3ft should be enough to do your big 3. Less than 1ft for ground, depending how far your batt is, measure that to alt, and measure how far from engine chassis to car chassis, if its around 2ft you should be fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1019
i just looked at my wires again and they are 4g not 2g so ill be fine there...........do you know of any decently cheap and accurate volt meters that i could mount somewhere in my car so i can keep an eye on it??? otherwise i might just run it at 1700rms until i get some more $$$$$

Gold Member
Username: Bump05

CashMoney, 15 Hd3 USA

Post Number: 1031
tsunami sells a volt meter, and berny my car took more then 3ft depends on ur ride not all are like the pimp tahoe

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11064
stinger makes some nice v gauges comes in either red or blue ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1020
you know of anything more like $30

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2312
We'll he never did classify what type of car it was.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 807
i got mine at WM for 14 bucks

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2313
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-Digital-Blue-Voltage-Meter-Amp-Amplifier-SVMB_W0QQit emZ170095950229QQcategoryZ50551QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

30 dollars right there! I went to ebay, and came back in like a minute, didn't even take me a minute to find that. Common mang! =), just trying to give you a hard time :P.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1021
"We'll he never did classify what type of car it was"

i got a '92 caddy deville.......will that one work??? and how do you install it??

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 6691
Yea, I have a stock 55a alt and a yellow top in the back. When I burp it for 10 seconds with all it has, the voltage only drops to like 12.6. Thats with the car ideling Never had any problems with it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1024
and u are running it at 1ohm right????

Gold Member

Post Number: 6699
yes sir

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1146
There is absolutely no way to get 2500 watts from a 140 amp alt. It's physically impossible.

An HO alt and a good battery are definitely needed when running that amount of power.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6702
i get 2500 watts from a 55a alt. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1025
bump i need more opinions

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1609
Logan...you do not get 2500 watts from a 55 amp alternator,it's impossible.You'll get that power from your battery for a very short time but not from your alternator.I thought you had an EA Alternator?Maybe you never installed it?Please don't say things like you just did up there Logan it's retarded.You also mislead people into thinking you're getting that power from your alt because you're not,it's coming from the batt and once your batt is dead you're going to clip the sh1t out of your subs which you may be doing already.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1028
ok well i think ill just play it safe, my sub is dual 1.7ohm so i could run it at 3.4ohms correct??? if thats right i should see closer to 1300-1400rms.... would that be fine on my alt until i have the $$$ to upgrade my alt and batts????

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 479
Unless you've got a 45V battery logan theres no way you can get 2500w out of that thing. :\

Yeah go with series Dr.D... You'll be fine that way, you've got a huge a.s.s. stock alt!

Don't rush for the HO alt, you're not gonna be hurting anything running 1400wrms...

But the sooner you do, the sooner you get 2500 :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1029
ya i drive a old caddy so everything is huge on it!!!!its basically a boat
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts