MA Audio HK1998

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 134
is the MA Audio HK1998 a good amp? Or a good brand? I want to know if it will put out the power it says it will. thanx ok can anyone tell me what's the real rms? Some sites says 600 at 2 ohms some say 1200 at2 ohms some one plz help

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
pic has 3 30 amp fuses....but if someone has actually experience or know the homepage or where to get reliable info about this amp i'd apperciate it

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1135
MA audio sucks. A lot of their stuff is rated at some insane voltage, like 17 volts. If you're finding conflicting power ratings, maybe the lower ones are what the amp will actually do at 14 volts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
lol thanx for the tip ok so no amp from them

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4311
what are you trying to push? and yeah ma audio is bad, 17V ratings and overrated at 14V so, what would you expect

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 810
ive heard alot of ppl with first hadn experience say MA is not overrated.

Bronze Member
Username: Kaimana

Post Number: 16
its actually more like 750@2ohmsRMS at 14volts...

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
trying to push 2 12's (sony) at 2 ohms looking for an amp that's relative cheap (i know you get what u pay 4) that pushes around 1000-1200 rms at 2ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 76
Ma audio is a piece of sh!t I had 2 HK 1998 they're the same as audiobahn 1st my ma audio worked then i took it out let it sit bout 3 weeks when i was ready to sell it the damn thing didn't even put out any power. Stay away from MA Audio. "You learn from fools"

Bronze Member
Username: Kaimana

Post Number: 17
i dunno...i had my hk1997(the older model 1998) for about 4 years now and it still works real good....theres better but ma makes some good products...from personal experience....

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 408
icepick, your best bet is to sell the subs n' start over. sony is not decent quality either so no point in getting a decent amp to push anything like sony. sell those sony's n' give us a sub and amp budget n' we will let u kno exactly what you should be looking at.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4339
if you don't have money grab pioneer ts 307DVC 4 ohm+ hifonics 1206d. That's a good budget system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us