Need advice!!

Bronze Member
Username: Newkid77

Post Number: 20
I have Sony x-plods which are horrible. I blew one of my 6*9 and i am trying to decided if i should replace all 4 speakers or just the 6*9's. If i do replace the whole system i only have $300. I need some suggestions. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2293
I would invest in a good pair of comps for the front,replace the blown speaker, and maybe loose the rears all together.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
If i got these Pioneer for rears
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14526
and got Alpine for fronts
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17561
would that be good or should i stick with the same brand? In the future i will be getting an amp and subs.And do i need a small amp for those fronts and rears??

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2296
You can mix it up.
But like I said. Invest in a good pair of front drivers. Leave the sony there just for rear fill running off the HU, and get a amp to push some new 6.5 components up front. You can get a pretty decent component set and amp for 300. Then later down the line upgrade the rear speakers.
BTW, Those pioneer suck. I got a pair and they are not my favorite.
Look at Polk DB 6x9s. If you must have 6x9's.
Also good budget comps include Phionix gold, Beyma, Infinity, Alpine, Entry level CDT.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
I would like to replace the back cause it sounds like crap. I know you dont need anything big for the rears but if i am goin to replace the rears i might as well replace the fronts. The fronts are in my doors and are 5 1/4" which are also sony and are horrible so i just say replace the whole system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us