Sub Positioning??

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 13
i have a closed trunk and my backseat doesnt fold down. the subs are in the trunk cause i usually have my car full of people so what way is better for my subs to face? should they face the backseat or the other way around for sound quality? what way would they sound louder. id try doing it myslef but id have to unhook and rewire and everytihng it would be a pain in the a*s unless i know its worth it...

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 146.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3182
only by doing what a "pain in the a*s" will help you find the loudest position in your car. also if you wanna gain a few dbs what you can do is port your rear deck....if you dont car to much about rear fill speakers you can take em out and i guareentee a gain in dbs

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 913
Most of the time if you can not fold the backseats having the subs fire towards the back of the car is usually the loudest but also produces the most rattles.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11707
I prefer the sub box against the back seat, with the subs pointing toward the tail lights, into the trunk.
You can also vent the rear deck into the cabin to couple the cabin air with the trunk.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1425
^^venting helped alot in my caddy. i removed teh rear deck speaker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us