So many choices, not enough opinions. Please, help me

Username: Marcusb

Post Number: 1
I was originally going to pick up a Diamond D6 12D2, but I'm looking around and I have so many options right now.

I prefer SQL, it needs to be a SQL driver or I don't want it.. I need 500 - 750 RMS, the driver needs to be Dual 2 ohm or single 4 ohm. This is what I've narrowed it down to (had to exclude RE because of the new prices):

(Please keep in mind that none of these subs meet my amps 650 (give or take) RMS @ 4 ohms perfect, but most are pretty close)

- Kicker Comp VX 12" D2 (750 RMS)
- Diamond D6 12" D2 (600 RMS)
- Fi SSD 12" D2 (800 RMS)
- Alpine Type R 12" D2 (500 RMS)

Can anybody list some pros and cons of each of these subs? I'm primarily interested in the CVX's performance since I can get it dirt cheap, is it a SQL driver, though?

As for the Alpine Type R, will this sub do okay at 650+ RMS? I can control the gain, but is there a chance it'll take a sh!t from the extra 150 (or so) watts?

The Fi SSD 12" D2 looks like a great sub, but it's 800 watts RMS, so I'm pushing it aside since I'll be using a sealed box until I can build or pay someone to build a slot ported box.

Last, but definately not least, the D6, I've never heard anything bad about this sub and it fits my specs perfect.. I was checking one out locally and the speaker is heavy, I like that for some reason, and the cone sits nice and tight on the spider.. not loose like the Type R.

I mainly listed to Rap and R&B, then Rock, then oldies.. I also go to the drive-in about every weekend during the summer so this sub needs to perform well with movies.

Any help deciding is greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 181
The Cvx is a SPL sub, out of the choices you have up there and you exclude the SSD I would go with the Alpine. Look at the Audioque SD 2.5 I went from CVR to the 2.5 not a sql sub but good sounding sub at a respectful price. Great for rap music
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us