Subwoofer polarity help?

Silver Member
Username: Jaguar600

Post Number: 119
Ok so I have come to the conclusion that the polarity is messed up on my subwoofer because it moves inward not outward. No matter what I do,switching positive and negative wires, switching phase, even a new amp, headunit, and car does not make my sub hit outwards. The only thing however is that when I connect it to a D cell battery it does infact move outwards with the pos - pos and neg- neg. I think though that maybe one of the connectors or something on one of the voice coils I guess? has been demagnatized a little and my sub moves more inward then outward when I connect it to the amp. Does this make sense what i am trying to say? Is there anyway I can fix this and "remagnatize" the polarities?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1084
Are you sure there is really something wrong with it? The amplifier sends AC current to the speaker, AC is in waves, the frequency of which determines the sound. The cone of the sub should move both in and out as it plays. It has to.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
I know, but when I have it connected to my amp, pos to pos and neg to neg you cna see it moving inwards, it doesnt move outwards when it hits a beat. When I put pos to neg and neg to pos on the amp the subwoofer moves even more inward, which would make sense since thats whats suppose to happen in that set up. i know it is moving inward, many people have watched it and said the same thing and my friend has the same subwoofer as me. It seems when it is connected pos to pos and neg to neg, at lower volume it moves less inward and sometimes a little outward but as volume increases, its all inward. It DEFINITLY isnt as loud as it use to be as I compared it to my friends same setup in his car. It is pretty loud inside the car but outside is very quiet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
bump...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us