Apple computers

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3904
sorry this is off topic, but does anyone use these. im planning on buying a macbook 2.0ghz 2gb of ram. with the new leopard operating system when it comes out soon. iv always used microsoft so just wondering how mac really preforms.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 513
Performs great when your not trying to play games or use office software like word powerpoint excel etc. thats all I really do though.

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 991
i love apples just when u mix and match with microsoft is when ur gunna run into problems

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1067
I wouldn't run a Mac for two reasons:

1) Lack of software, windows has, oh lets see, probably like a thousand times as much software written for it. Same goes for hardware.

2) Price. Anything made by apple is WAY overpriced. From the ipod to their computers, I think they tack on a few hundred bucks just for that apple logo.

That said, Macs now use intel processors so you can dual boot windows on them. That solves the software issue, but there is still the hardware and increased cost.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1551
I love how they claim no viruses and such on Macs :-) That's because nobody uses macs to create viruses for em.I would only reccomend one for Music and photo or video editing.Otherwise Macs are pieces of sh1t.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11933
^^^X2

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1085
" I love how they claim no viruses and such on Macs "

Yeah, X2. Recently some security researchers released a whole bunch of exploits for the Mac OS in one day.....

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 726
i use macs and they work good with games but there isnt many made for them. mine works fine with office porducts. word, powerpoint, entrouge....etc

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1552
Everyone remember though!Macs are uber for video editing and things like rendering,they definately take the cake on stuff like that.The price is rediculous though for what you're getting.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 137
http://www.yikers.com/video_apple_presentations_end_in_massive_screw_ups.html
go there macs dont have viruses and mess up watch that vid all ur answers will be well answered

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3907
well iv been shopping around and for anything microsoft based is basically the same price as the mac. im spending like 1500 on it. basically all i do is web surf, download, edit vids and music. i dont do much else anyway.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1553
Eh that vid is funny,it makes them look like a bunch of morons that's for sure.The thing is those are prototype computers and it's an all new OS with all new software and drivers so of course there is going to be bugs.I personally would never buy a Mac but they are good at certain things so don't go thinking they're complete pieces of sh1t,I think they are but that's just because I have no use for them.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 141
yea i no it was a prototype for the new mac os but that sh1t was so dam funny i hadda post it my friend had a mac g5 but it was used for video editing and it was for his studio to make beats there good when it comes to that but for other stuff i dont think lime wire or ne othere downloading programs work for it so how u gon get songs 4 free i like windows especially windows vista i got to try that and the features are sick i dunno that mite just be me altho the mac comercials are funny

Bronze Member
Username: Andy_h

PhillyUS

Post Number: 60
love my g4, twice as good as a dell laptop, an limewire and mostly everything else i use works great, i would never go back to pc after using this no doubt a great buy

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1556
^Dell is one of the biggest pieces of shi± you can get in my opinion.Initially Dell started off as a great company with good product for a good dollar but now Dell is complete junk along with Gateway.Saying your G4 is twice as good as a Dell laptop is not a good way to compare your computer lol.

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

DD 9512s , Orion d5000

Post Number: 661
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZQ_It0weI

Silver Member

DD 9512s , Orion d5000

Post Number: 662
why macs suck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZQ_It0weI

Silver Member

DD 9512s , Orion d5000

Post Number: 663
watch it, it's hillarious

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 727
listen to these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w1ihq7PQpY&mode=related&search=

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2024
You can download music and video just like limewire.. the program is call Acquisition,

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3916
rob, what kind of notebook do you think is best then in the 1500 range?

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 515
I plan on buying a HP notebook in the 1500$ range soon. The new HPs are nice looking. Dells are good too.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1100
HP, Toshiba, Panasonic are the best notebooks out there.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2268
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/MDW1966/?action=view&current=cd2.flv

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1271
my friend has an apple desktop and its nice but i prefer windows... btw i just bought a hp notebook its like dv6000 or something 830 bux and its got the fastest processer out and 1 gb of ram and a 120gb drive this is a very nice notebook u should get 1 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 906
Here at school they give us all HP laptops for going here. They are pretty nice. I havent had any problems with it and it always seems to work really fast.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us