Anybody ever hear of the slot machine box by quad

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 401
anybody ever hear of this type of box its for 2 12" kicker l7's and im thinking about buying it. heres the page

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-L7-12L5-SLOT-MACHINE-BOX-BY-QUAD-AWESOME_W0QQitemZ200 090301426QQcategoryZ50568QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2232
yeah, at the last competition. me and chad met him. he makes those box's. he had one of those with a 10" l5 i think it was. and it banged. that would be a good box because its built well for the sub.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 402
really so this would be a really good deal then cuz the box seems knida small to for 2 12" its only 30" wide my last box was like 35" i didnt think 30" was possible for 2 sqaure 12". so is this a good buy then?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 6574
no its not. Its just a ported box with so sealer and resin. That box probably doesnt even benefit fron resin. mThey want too much for it.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1523
Logan I doubt you've even heard that box.So how can you say it's worth it or not?Berny's heard one in person and if he says it's good it has to be.I don't think Berny would point people in the wrong direction.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11399
1 10 inch sub in a box like that with 900wrms was hitting 136 playing music. it think that box is good.

trust me logan the guy knows what he is doing.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 403
alright what do u think ic ould hit with 2 12" l7's cuz that is what this is made for. I decided to purchase it so i hope i like how it sounds.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11429
it will have the ability to hit over 140 easily. thats all i can say. too many factors to be guessing db numbers.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2234
yeah logan, why you hatin :-( . I know what I heard and I know what I saw :D.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1061
" it offers unreal SQ AND SPL "

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 6587
lmao damn I didnt me to sound like a d!ck. Just stating my opinion:-)Just looks like a normal ported box to me.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 404
bump

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11456
all boxes look like a normal ported box. its the box's specs and how its built that separates them from the rest.

quad (leanard foster) knows what he is doing.

chris, one thing you have to know though. he tunes his boxes high. i am talking in the mid to upper 40hz. but for boxes tuned high like that it sounds good and still hits the lows well.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 405
yeah he told me he did his at 48hz and he said it hit everything nice and hit the lows nice still and had bass that had nice impact so i took his word for it and told me to tune it to 48hz, was this the right decision i can choose from 38hz,48hz,58hz, and he told me 48hz is the best to go so i still have by sunday night to let him know what i really want if i made the wrong decision

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 406
so pretty much what im asking is what is the best to tune it to to get it the loudest

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 407
bump

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 409
?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2027
I would go 38hz personally, but expert advice is tempting...

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11510
the box he had at the comp was tuned to around 50hz. just because you tune it high doesn't mean it won't hit low.

yesterday when i went to pick up my amps, the guy who sold it to me said that my car should sound good with a 48hz tune. i thought it would be too high and it won't hit the lows. then he let me sit inside his car with a box tuned to 50hz. he played young jeezy hypnotized. it hit everything so loud and clean. he has 2 mt 18 with 4 us amps. i believe the merlin series or something.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 410
so 48hz would still be really loud spl cuz the guy maknig the box is maknig it sound like 48hz hits harder then 38hz

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11512
its up to you man. i'd trust him though. he knows what he is doing.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 411
yeah i know but i dont really know anything about tuning so i guess i'll just trust him since everybody is pretty much saying he knows what he is doing and what he is talknig about.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2029
It will hit the lows, just not nearly as loud as a box tuned 10hz lower. What is it like 24db/oct rolloff for ported boxes below tuning? So correct me if I'm wrong but that should be 24db quieter at 24hz, and at 36hz it would be 12db quieter.

On another note, I thought you set the subsonic filter at or just below the tuning of your box. What would you set it at if you used this box?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11514
its not like you have to set your ssf right below the tuning. for example, the kicker kx1200.1 amp has a ssf that is set to 20hz. you can't change that. does that mean if you use that amp you have to tune your box in the 20's.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 412
yea i dont even use the ssf at all i turn it off i never had any problems

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 323
L7's are forgiving.

Lets leave it at... that box can't come remotely close to a *cough* well designed *cough* box :-)

The ebay dimension audio boxes, IMO, are better, but still not considered "good".

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2566
Sorry but that box looks like a POS! Someone is bllshting here for sure. There was pictures of it unfinished then it disapeered.I could have sworn the bare wood lookede like particle board, that would be the reason why it was lighter. Lighter means less dense, less dense means it will resonate and the sound will be tarnished. JMHO...Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5005
the idea with the port tuning like this box came back to my memory like two weeks ....im encouraged to see the idea actually works....cant wait to try out some boxes

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5006
"two weeks" should read two weeks ago

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 326
Its a layout I've been using for years...

but not used "properly"

can't argue with the price though - you get what you pay for!

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 413
any other opinons

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2243
RE8's are the shiznit!..lol

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 414
RE8's whatz that?

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 452
thats his 8" subs made by RE that he just got...he is sayin that in every thread lol

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2253
cant see the subs here, but looky what the port does with just 15-20 watts from the HU, No amp.
oh and sorry no sound either, crappy camera

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/MDW1966/?action=view&current=cd2.flv
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us