Sub facing cab

Bronze Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 30
I was wondering is it bad for the sub to face into the cab? My box is too big to make it face towards the rear (yes, i finnaly got it in with a little modding.) I've heard they subs can be louder this way. Anyone had expierences with this

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 879
Depends on many things. Best way is to try it and see which is louder. In my car I have the sub firing into the cabin and I found it to be the loudest. But only when the back seats are down.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1229
yes point it into the cabin and seal off the trunk

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1237
didnt bump

Bronze Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 59
C i used to have mine pointing toward the me and they didnt sound to good then ii pointed them toward the rear of the trunk and they sounded much better. I guess its all about opinon.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 891
Different vehicles act differently. Also if the sub is sealed off from the trunk it is different than if it isnt sealed off. Carl did you have the back seats down or up when you tried them?

Bronze Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 65
no i had the back seats down and the subs i used to have were 2 12inch Kicke CVRs and the sounded alot better when i pointed the in to the trunk with the seats down.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 146.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3161
in a car the loudest your subs will get is when you seal you subs from the trunk and point them into the car...just ask kevin hes hitting 151.5db in a jetta *cough* outlaw *cough*

Bronze Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 31
How would I seal it off from trunk?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us