Mounting Amp

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1105
So is it completely unsafe to mount the amp to the top or back of the sub box? If so, what are some other good options? Could i mount it like on the back of the back seat? That way it would just sit right side up when i have the back seat folded forward, but when i have the back seat up for people to sit, it would be slightly inverted cause the back seat is a little reclined....is that unsafe cause i know its bad to mount upside down.

any advice or suggestions are welcome, thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11863
back seat is fine

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 690
i wouldnt think it would be a prob to mount it on the seat. i no lots of ppl mount amps on the sub box and have no prob but i wount want to cuz i wouldnt wanna take the chance of rattling something loose inside of my amp.

could you mount if on the side of your car next to the box or is ur only options on the box or on the seat. there is also under the seat.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9692
mounting on the back of your seat will be fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1108
wtf ecoustics is p!ssing me off bigtime...i posted this thread and it disappeared after about a minute....now hours later, ITS BACK lol

anyways...thanks guys, how would i go about mounting it to the back of the seat though? I assume there's like a metal frame underneath the carpeting and padding of tha seat, so i can't just grab a screwdriver and screw it in right? seems to simple to be true.

Bronze Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 48
get a drill bit for drilling thru metal drill ur pilot holes and then screw it in dont get the screws to long that they poke outta the seat my friend did that cause he is dum i say the back of the seat is one of the most commen places it is just harder to hide the sires but o well good luck on the install i did it many times isnt hard at all possibly becuz of the cushoining in the seat u should get dry wall screws with the plastic saftey case that is if there is no metal dam i neva shut up ok im done ha ah

Gold Member

Post Number: 1112
okay maybe my confusion was unclear...i mean if i drill holes in the metal that's fine but what will the screws be held in place by...i mean like screwing into wood they just create they're own little grooves but what kind of material is inside the seat after the metal? hope that made sense.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
that is y i said get the dry wall screws they have some the extend alot but the lil amount o metal u are gonna drill threw if u dont make the holes for it to big should hold it just fine just drill a hole smaller then ur screws and it will stay the hole surface doesnt have to be like wood or metal or surrounding the screw for it to hold

Gold Member

Post Number: 1114
i think i see what you're sayin. the holes in the metal should be small enough that the screw can't just push through, but has to thread its way through by twisting.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
yea rite on the money lol i thought i mite have to get into more detail

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11377
put a couple layers on the box where you are going to mount the amp. then put a few layers of edead then mount the amp on that. you will be fine unless you got some serious power coming out of the subs.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 749
my box is a lil over an inch thick and i have my amp mounted on there and it does just fine

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11380
edit....put a couple of layers of mdf.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1124
hmmm maybe i'll grab some extra mdf then and mount it to the box instead of the back seat chad...

...does it matter where on the box i mount it? top? back? side?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us