Username: Gula187

Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 9
i was told some are better than others how can you tell

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1480
Why buy a prefab in the first place?You should ask Logan for a quote on a box,he has fair prices and does some pretty good work,GOOD WORK not phenomenal or anything though ^_^ Haha Logan,I gave you some props then shot you down too!

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 301
www.spkrman.com :-)

why bother with prefab?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11343
if you are gonna get a sealed box then you can't beat ebay.

ported boxes are a different story.

logan is a very good box builder and he has good prices.

if you want to spend more then you can talk to mark potts http://www.spkrman.com/ or phil salisbury http://www.woodlawncabinetry.com/

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1481
Personally,I would buy TCAB over any other but if I had a tighter budget I'd talk to Logan because I think he's cheaper than Mr.Potts up there but the boxes probably won't be as good either.Well have both of them give you a quote and see what works best for you.

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 311
Not much more if you option the box cheaply, already been there and I ended up making that box :-)

Woodlawn, the construction/fit/finish looks great, but I can't give them props for design/performance.

IMO TCAB is the best buy, not that I'm biased or anything :-)

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 200
Ya know Mark, if you spent more time worry about your business rather than going around talking smak about other peoples business, then you wouldn't look like the douche bag you are.

Yeah, your a big man talking trash about my enclosures and I haven't said dick about yours.

Just keep on talking.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1492
He's not talking trash Phil.No reading comprehension FTL.He said you do great work but he can't give props for design/performance,what's the problem with that?You don't design the boxes,you just build to spec based upon the plans you are given.That is correct right?Good job flaming for no reason. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 201
No Rob, I read just fine.

What do you mean, I don't design enclosures???

There more to designing enclosure's than the " bass response and performance ", but, I guess that's all you really see anyways.

There ain't nothing that " special " about designing & building a subwoofer enclosure that puts out SPL, that's nothing more than a big azz enclosure with huge azz ports tuned to specific frequency to enhance the spl performance given the vehicle's cabin gain.

I design and build enclosure's to fit a vehicle, not to mention perform in the same manner in both terms of SQ & SPL.

The customer doesn't provide a " plan ", they provide the measurements and dimensions they want the enclosure to fit and they tell me what they want in terms of bass response and performance.

Not everyone that's into car audio is all about being loud and disturbing the peace.

Mark builds what his customers want and I build for what my customer's want, but, you and him don't see the distinction, all you and him see is what you want to see.

OH, BTW, I never had any issue's with customers as to manner which I conduct business and I didn't start this " flaming war ", Mark started that sh!t long before this.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 606
I guess comprehension pwns me as well.

He strokes his own cawk, then kicks Phil in his......when he could have said nothing? Quite a different story if a customer had this to say, but thats not the way it happened, is it.

2 words sum this all up.

Low rent.

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 314
There was no trash talking, just my opinion based on what I see.

I stand by my statement: "Woodlawn, the construction/fit/finish looks great, but I can't give them props for design/performance. "

What it boils down to is... I dont *think* the designs are anything spectacular (though the build looks great), and your site does nothing to sway me in any other direction. I see no videos, I see no competition results, all I see is pictures of boxes. From those pictures, I arrive at my conclusions.

You can tell me your enclosures are engineered to deliver x performance in y situation until your blue in the face... Now... go to your site, go to my site... who SHOWS what their boxes are made of?

"There ain't nothing that " special " about designing & building a subwoofer enclosure that puts out SPL, that's nothing more than a big azz enclosure with huge azz ports tuned to specific frequency to enhance the spl performance given the vehicle's cabin gain. "

You don't understand SPL, feel free to SHOW ME any remarkable results you've produced.

Talk is cheap, SHOW ME.

No flaming, no mud-slinging... just back up what you say.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1519
Rawr!!!Nothing beats proven results.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us