GSub hitting backwards problem...

Silver Member
Username: Jaguar600

Post Number: 102
ok.. so my sub has been hitting backwards for a while now and I just got a new amp so I thought maybe it would hit forward but nope. I tried changing the positive and negative wires, switching phase and nothing. Right now I have the positive in the negative and the negative in the positive since it seems to work better that way. If I put positive in positive and negative in negative it still goes backwards just not as much, kinda halfway. Any ideas???

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 146.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3140
how did you come to the conclusion it was hitting backwards?? and also what wub is it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
You can see it hitting backwards, also it sounds like it is hitting itself when I turn the volume up. Its a kicker cvr 15' i think something is messed up inside it? how do I fix this...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2245
Put a battery on the sub. Pos to pos. neg to neg. Which way does it move? if it moves out, its fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
ok I was going to try this but I wasnt sure how to go about it. Its a dvc 4 ohm how do I do that just leave it wired as it is and put the wires coming off that are going to the amp onto the pos and neg of the battery?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2246
yes, make sure the subs wired correctly. Both pos coils on 1 wire, both neg coils on other wire.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
can I just connect them to the ground and positive coming off my battery already?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2259
I would try a smaller battery, Your car battery may damage the sub. try a d cell

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
alright I'm gonna give it a try

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
ok I did this and it does infact hit outwards... Why does it go inwards when it is connected to my amp though? do I have it wired incorrectly?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2264
Idk.. Maybe its hitting ok, and it just looks backward. Hook it up pos to pos, neg to neg and call it a day

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
I guess I'm going to have to... Its been like this for a while I Thought maybe with a new amp it would go outward but still nothing... It doesnt make any sense that it would go outward on a D battery but not from an amp.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2265
whats the amp model? does it have a phase switch?

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
hmm does it make a difference if my rcas are grounded or not?

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
its the kenwood kac9102d, it does have a phase switch but that doesnt change anything already tried it. My sub was doing this with my old amp too which was a bazooka el1500. It used to go outwards though which is weird. Did my terminals lose their polarity or somethign on my sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us