New member here, need component help/opinions

Username: Sqhoe

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am a first timer here. I have been dropping by for awhile and it seems like you guys are really up on your stuff so I thought I would ask your opinions.

I have a Tahoe that I want to purchase a set of 6.5 components for. I currently have a Diamond D615 in a ported enclosure handling the lows so keep that in mind for sound blending purposes. I will be driving the comps with 120rms per channel. I really prefer the sound of a silk tweeter, although I have heard that the aluminums in the JL line dont sound harsh like traditional alums. I really need a boost in the midbass, midrange area as I now only have the stock components. My budget is $250 and I am not opposed to using ebay. Here are a few that I am interested in:

DLS UP6
DLS M6A
JL xr650CS
Polk MMC6500
ADS 346cs

I listen to mostly rock and alternative and SQL is my goal for the system.
Any help would be appreciated, even other suggestions.

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 4
Wow, nobody has a set of components that they like and would recommend or has heard a set?

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 334
chill dude, more than 2 min is required

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3885
all those you listed are supposed to be decent

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2004
Just so you know nate.. It was 24 hours and 2 minutes later

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2005
I would suggest you look into Rainbows SLC 265s or the 265 kicks. I am on a budget like that and was about to get the kicks.. I might think about spending more and upgrade tho.

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 6
I am really leaning towards the DLS UP6 or JL XR650cs. Any opinions on the DLS would be very helpful, there arent any dealers around hear to audition them. Tomorrow I am going to listen to the JL's.

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 7
Okay, I listened to the JL XRs and they sounded okay, but not great. They seemed a little weak in the midrange. Has anyone auditioned a set of the Pioneer ts-c720prs? I read the caraudio mag review and they make them out to be pretty good.

Who is selling rainbow components on the net? Wouldnt mind checking them out either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us