Smoked my speakers again.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2211
This is getting old. So I had
Infinity refs 3.5 in the dash. Smoked....
6x9 rear fills....Smoked
One set of Beyma rfk52 smoked... Crossovers too..
Crossovers on my other set of beymas. The capps exploded, blew the cover off, almost took out my eye, while I was on the highway.

Im sick of this replacement every month or so.

Im going to cut a big hole in the dash, lose the 3.5s and install one set of 6.5 comps in there. Move the Beyma down to the kicks, and lose the 6x9 rear. I am looking for some comps 6.5 that can take some power. roughly a solid 125 wrms daily, for hours on end. Every speaker that has blown was at or just above rms, off a quality amp, gains set, WTF ig going wrong.

The beyma were my fault. They were rated for 40, and I put ~ 300 into em. The other set was happy at 75 till the caps pooped. So Anyway. Atleast the Infinities are under warrantie as well as the 6x9. So I will put that $ towards the 6.5 comps.

I was looking at CDT, Beyma, or just a midrange and and a beyma tweet.
Unsure of the cdt lines. I know Beyma will take 150-200 wrms for $300 or so a set.
Maybe the beyma 6mi100 rated at 200wrms and AST09 tweet
Whats the cdt equivalant of those?

Sorry for the long post. Just venting.
But Im pretty set on the beyma, unless someone has a good argument for something else.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 318
dont play sh*t so loud, if all your speakers blew I have to blaim you... not the equipment

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2216
Well the whole point is what comps do play loud. that wont get fucked up. any speaker will get loud. but what drver can stay loud.....with out smoking. only looking to put 100wrms into it for hours at a time. not just peaking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us