Charging system

Bronze Member
Username: Jynx

Post Number: 11
I know I might sound like a jackass when I ask this, but I need to know what a charging sysytem is. I have 2 10 in solo-barics with a 1800db in my jeep and I was thinking of getting a cap. Can someone please give me some advice.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 212
you need a ho alternator and to upgrage the wires running it to 0ga. that would upgrade your charging system
im not familiar with that amp, what ohm are you running it at and what it the rms on it

Bronze Member
Username: Jynx

Post Number: 14
It's about 1800 RMS going to 2 4 ohm dvc putting down to 1 ohm. The speakers are rated at 450 rms a piece but can possibly take more. I'm thinking about gettting a cap but people are talking about a charging system and I just want to have quality. I had a lot of things before and just used caps normally.

Username: Jtown

Post Number: 8
What exactly is an HO alternator?

Post Number: 10
What exactly is an HO alternator?

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 171
HO - high output. in other words not a stock alternator... you can find them on ebay. and some local stores

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
can i just go to autozone or some car shop like that?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6022
No, HO alternators are not available from your local car shops. If they did, they'd charge you $500 - $1000 plus installation. Look in the accessories section for HO contacts/sellers

Ricky go to this site and read. It'll have everything you wanted to know about car audio/charging system.
bcae1.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us