System Installation Status: Complete

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 1069
WANNNNGGGGG! i'm so happy :-) Need a lil help with the amp settings though. Posted this in the amp section but i'm impatient for a response...Can someone explain where to set these? Or give me a link with some good info about it...

LPF: 35hz-400hz
Sub Sonic Filter: 15hz-50hz
Bass Boost: 0db-18db
Gain: Minimum-Maximum
Phase: 0-180

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2101
lpf - 70-80hz
ssf - 0-1hz under box tuning
bb - 0
Gain - depends on HU
Phase - 0

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 1071
Hey thanks a bunch. Btw HU is a pioneer premier 680mp, subs are 2 12" dvc4ohm Arsenals, amp is an Elemental Designs nine.1

like your screen name lol. good question muddy used to crack me up :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4229
yo american pitbull where you live bro????

if u want i might check yoru shyt and ill let u see my shyt....

got aim???

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2103
try settin the gain as close as you can to 4v if you know what the min and max are

or get a dmm and you can set it that way

Gold Member

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1072
i live in the burbs rob. if y'all organize a little meeting for chicagoans, i'm down.

stnorris in the specifications section of the manual it says for Input Sensitivity: 200mV-5V

so should i put the gain about 4/5 of the maximum? or is input sensitivity something different...it just seems logical to me cause it's the only spec involving volts.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1949
Or you could always do it the original way by ear. Turn the headunit up ~3/4 way and start turning up the gain. When you start to hear clipping back it off just a little bit. Then very slightly start to turn it back up, and when you start to hear clipping again back off just a tiny bit and you should be set.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1073
thanks bud, that's what i was looking for is just an explanation of how to guage when it's too much, ppreciate it.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3855
keep your gain dial turned down to the left all they way that turn it up maybe 1/5th of the way and you should be pretty loud. sub sonic set it a little under your box tuning, and i would set the LPF at 70hz or lower depending on how far down your mids can play. and id go with 0BB and phase at 0

Gold Member

Post Number: 1076
Mat i tried the gain at like 1/5 and the bass was weaksauce. Turned it up gradually and once i hit like 3/5 it wangs pretty nicely. Turned the volume up to 25-30 on some songs and never had any clipping.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4048
i've hooked up a nine.1 to 2 arsenals 12s before. dial in the gain to 35V and use just a tad of bass boost to get real clean deep sound.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1077
interesting everyone else said to have the BB at 0...i'ma go try that now and i'll let ya know how it goes, thanks trevor.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4050
well its safe to stay at zero. bass boost isnt an enemy... but its not your best friend either. it can be deceiving. many people go crazy with it. many say dont use ANY AT ALL. but it can be used when used right... basically, just turn it up (on a good amp anyway) a tad. this will make the bass seem more full. use between 0-3db. again, you can only do this if the gain is set correctly. just be good to the equipment and it will be good to you 8)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1078
ok so i didn't realize untill after i posted that last one that i don't know how to set the gain to 35V...it just has minimum and maximum with a dash every 1/5 of the way.

anyways i played with the different EQ options too...it was set to "powerful", i tried the other pre-set options like flat and vocal and stuff, then when i got to "super-bass" it seemed to make a big difference. I was playing lil wayne "pump that bass" and it went from respectably loud to like, you can't hear yourself scream loud. Still sounded deep and clean though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us