AUDIO NOOB-HELP!

Username: Mwyant19

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 2
hey guys i know very little about car audio... but i have about $1000-1250 to blow and i want my car to bump balls. it already has a pretty good stock system, but i want a mp3 compatable head unit and 2 subs in the trunk. suggestions? what else will i need... amps.. etc. can i keep my stock mids and highs without blowing them.. like i said, i am NOOB plz reply with any ideas

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1901
want it really loud, loud and sounding good or just sounding good with a bump... SPL, SQL or SQ

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 3
i want it to soun decent, but mostly just bump loud as balls bass. want to hear it from down the street or across campus.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 102
ficaraudio.com =BTL or reaudio.com =MT

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 184
Id go with 2 treo 15" TSXs. With a Hifonics bxi1606d or a bxi2006d. Then get an Alpine 9857 with wiring all from www.knukonceptz.com i think that would be a pretty good budget system

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 391
What kind of car do you have? What type music do you listen to? $1200 budget just for the amps, subs, and comps correct?

Kevin

Username: Big_edge_head

Post Number: 9
2 audioque SD2.5s 12''

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 5
i have a 2005 hyundai elantra 4 door with a pop trunk - its pretty big.. probly fit 2 15" if the box isnt to huge. i mostly listen to rap, some rock, and classic rock. i have a really good stock system. i think im gona leave my stock mids/highs i just need a headunit 2 subs + amps, wiring whatever else is needed. $1250 budget

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 403
if i were you i would get one good sub instead of 2. more doesent alwase meen better. i have one JL W3 that bumps louder than all of my friends 2 12's

Bronze Member
Username: Chris_t54

Post Number: 85
awww i love new money haha i would go with 2 Audioque 12" SD2.5's with an ED NINe.1 Amp with a Pioneer Premier DEH-P780MP
HU- $299
Amp- $365
Box- Build it yourself or have someone here build it
Subs- $318 shipped
and go with www.knukonceptz.com for all your wiring needs and you'll be set my friend
oh and ps if you want to get some good speakers go with infinity kappas i have a set of 5 1/4 in my doors and an amp for my 6x9's and they sound great!!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1903
matt i have to add to that.... thats ONLY in cases where space is an issue. If there isnt enough space for proper box specs and they are just shoving them togethor ya... or if they are prefab boxes... yea.....

But for the most part more subs = more output... really the only way it doesnt is if its installed completely wrong

I would personnaly get the BTLs over the MT's they have better cooling im pretty sure. but for your budget 2 of either of those are out of your range.
You would probally want to give each sub around 2K give or take a few hundred..... although they take more... Then getting an extra battery or 2 and a High output alternator.... wiring....

500$ BTL (rough price guess)
Orion 2500d($250-$400)

I wouldnt get a kinitic battery if you dont plan on switching the battery under your hood either. different floater voltage = draings higher floating battery and has to charge when u start car again... i would get a yellow top or somthing as a extra. maybe 2

350$ 2 yellow tops

HU and all is your choice... but for pretty cheap like 175$ you can get a JVC KD-G820 best HU i ever had yet.... went through about 10 until i was happy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us