Limewire? or ......

Username: Big_edge_head

Post Number: 4
what are some better programs to use that u dont get virius from?

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 720
go to the store and buy music w/o pirating, no viruses there....

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4815
Do you have a antivirus program on your computer now? If so, what is it?

Bottom line, if it's free, you're rolling the dice.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2121
first off, use an antivirus program, antispyware program, and Firewall (but NOT Windows FireWall)....and I was using LimeWire, but found out about torrents which download faster and use Utorrent now...just got the whole Queensryche:-Operation Mindcrime II album...took about an hour to download

Post Number: 7
lol i know but im too cheap for that

Post Number: 8
ill try it

Gold Member

Post Number: 2122
f@ck the stores, why pay $15-20 for a cd with maybe 2-3 songs on it you might like.I can put 15-20 songs on a cd and I'll like every one of them. I've never had a problem with viruses but I only d/l music and movies...if you try to download programs...then be very careful, also any download that is smaller than it should be...say a movie that is normally 1.5-2 Ghz and you see a download that is 250khz....thats probably a virus...use common sense,

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1391
you can't be cheap enough for torrents... i personally use bearshare

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11830
Bittorrents>any p2p network (Limewire,Morphes,Bearshare,etc)

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1392
wolfman g/khz is a frequency, not a file size lol. honest mistake... :-)

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 610
I agree with Chauncey. But DC++ is still the best if you take the time to really learn it and build a list of strong rooms, fast users etc. I can get a full cd in around 4 minutes.

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4819
I'm a lazy f@ck. I'd rather DL a song using a p2p network as opposed to walking 10 feet and reaching for the actual cd I have 15 feet away. Welcome to the 21st century.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 611
I should add that the huge advantage of DC++ is getting cd's that are not featured or brand new on the torrent sites. If a cd has been out longer than a year or so, everyone has already downloaded it and so you can't find a tracker with any seeders at all. DC++ is totally different, you are downloading cd's or songs/vids from the folders of actual users, whose speed stays consistent.

I have lists of users in Europe that are on T3 lines that I can download from @ 700k all day long. Anything that anyone has in their folders you can get at high speed, anytime. Which means you can find anything from obscure death metal, to cd's from the 60's and 70's and everything in between. Alot of users have literally ten's of thousands of cd's available.

But like I said in the post above, it takes some time to learn how to get stuff fast, and what the great rooms are and also to have enough content to gain entry to them. DC++ rooms work on levels depending on how much content (audio, video, games, pics, whatever) you have on your HD. Let's say you only have 5 gigs of content. This means that you are limited to only those rooms that set their minimum at 5 gigs or less. Most of the really great rooms are 10-20+ gigs and some are 100 or more. Automated BOTS crawl the room and make sure everyone's content is legit. Any fake files, or file types that are not allowed gets you booted immediately.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2123
oh yeah, my mistake gigabytes and kilobytes is what I meant, guess I'm too much into car audio

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 1061
Personally i buy cd's only when it's a complete album that i really like. For the sake of top notch SQ and just the authenticity.

And i'm sick of hearing all the bullsh!t about how we shouldn't "steal" music but "support" artists instead. First of all the artist recieves only a small percentage of the profit from album sales. Having ppl download their music for free allows the music to spread to millions of people who wouldn't have spent the $ to take the chance on the album, thus creating a much larger fan base which is gonna lead to selling more concert tickets, DVD specials, t-shirts, hats, phuckin pogs or w/e the phuck kids like these days (yeah that's right i know you remember pogs).

Secondly it gives the most unknown of artists the opportunity to spread their music to new listeners who wouldn't have been able to hear it, or may have never discovered it otherwise.

The only ppl in the music industry who oppose free downloadable music are execs who make the larger % off album sales, and artists who feel threatened because their music is over-rated in the first place and they don't want ppl to know there's better stuff out there.

In the long run both the artist and fan benefit from the free music...because your gonna financially support your real favorites. No one has a collection of ALL burned cds. I know it'd be weird if my Pink Floyd "Echoes" album was burnt. Or if my Three Six Mafia "When the smoke Clears" album was burnt. Because when you want to hear your allllll time favorite rock music, or hip hop, or w/e the phuck your in the mood for. You want the most authentic experience possible.

Thank you and goodnight.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1418
lol, pogs...

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 130
utorrent and limewire

Bronze Member
Username: Nascarfan

Tallahassee, Florida

Post Number: 16
Well I have a comment to make, i work part time with the "geek squad" with best buy store and I see alot of viruses and spyware that came directly from limewire, people dont scan their downloads before initiating them, then they end up paying alot of money for an operating system reload $129.00 from us, so play it safe and become a member for 7.95 with bearshare and get all the fast downloads you want, the catch to this is they want you to buy the songs for $.99 each before you can burn them to a cd because when you download it , the file is saved as a wmv file, so I found a program that will allow you to convert them to mp3 and then you can burn them to disk at no cost, the program I use is called sound taxi ,I payed like $14.00 for the full program, and it works flawlessly! Hope this helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Splfreak7564

Michigan

Post Number: 17
get iTunes $.99 for each song

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 131
or don't be an idiot and download mp3 files only.. if you dont know the difference between a mp3 and an exe lol then you shouldnt be downloading anyways

Gold Member

Post Number: 2129
Utorrents FTMFW!!

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 616
There is no such thing as UTorrents.

BitTorrent is the p2p protocol, Utorrent is just one of many clients.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 137
hey brad, i tried dc++ but when i try n get a file list it just says connecting and stays that way. how do i fix it?

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 619
The port that DC++ uses is blocked by something. If you have a firewall and/or a router you need to configure them to open the selected port (1412 is default) so DC++ can get in/out.

You can also choose what port you want to use (on DC++) and then you open that port in your firewall and/or router if it already isn't. Here are a couple tutorials that will walk you through every detail:

http://portforward.com/cportsnotes/dc++/dc++setup.htm
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/9796

Gold Member

Post Number: 2137
Brad....whatever, I download with Utorrent

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 628
I didn't mean it like that Wolfman, I had just seen you say that a few times. Sorry.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6021
Wolfman, I'm going to check out DC++. What "great rooms" do you have that I can try? I have lots of files to share.
I'm tired of waiting on bittorren. Those leaches are only allowing 0.1k download speed for 4GB file! That'll take almost 1 year.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2139
Sorry brad,but I think you are wrong....UTorrent is one of the Programs used to download torrents from different torrent sites.

http://www.torrentscan.com/
here are a bunch of them

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 630
How was I wrong when I said this:
"BitTorrent is the p2p protocol, Utorrent is just one of many clients."

Come on man, I have been using BitTorrent so long I actually know Bram Cohen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us