Beyma??????

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1460
I ordered some new tweets yesterday. I asked for advice on here but no one answered. Here is what I picked out. Anyone ever heard or heard of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=%26item%3D300084727086%26%26

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2199
Very nice. Good choice.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 573
Agreed. Beyma is a bit like JBL in the sense that they made a name for themselves in pro audio and branched out later. One difference is that Beyma makes all of the products in their factory in Spain, and JBL subcontracts alot of their consumer gear.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1463
thanks for the input. i was afraid that i bought something crappy.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2238
Hey lucas, You try them out yet? Give me a quick review of em when you can. Im looking at getting some of them myself.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1466
i should get them tomorrow and probably install them this weekend. I'll let you know what I think. Don't they look cool?

Bronze Member
Username: Nascarfan

Tallahassee, Florida

Post Number: 20
Those look pretty good, i did a search on them and they seem to be very popular with the Home Theater guys.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2239
I just bought some Beyma 6MI80's mids, so now I need some tweets and a crossover. I want to get Beyma to match the mids.
I am still looking for some more 5.5 beyma comps too, as I smoked one set last week. lol. Caps in the cross over blew up like a firecracker. lol
The cover blew off and cut my nose. I was like WTF?
Any ways... Thanks.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1467
Lol. Wow that is crazy. I have a kx800.4 to run them. I was think ing about putting the tweeters on two channels and the woofers on the other two channels and just use the crossover on the amp and an additional crossover on the tweeters. Have you ever tried that? I figured that would give me extra protection against blowing my nice new tweets.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2290
Well, did you hook em up yet or what. And no, Ive never hooked em up like that off a 4 channel. I plan on running the tweets off its own Zapco 2 channel, and the mids off another Zapco 2 channel, thru an Active X.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1470
Yeah, I finally hooked them up. They sound great, but they are extreamly bright. I need to build an attenuation circuit so they won't be soo loud. They deffinately draw attwention to themselves. I think I finally found a set of tweets that can keep up with my subs. :-) I'll know more when I get them balanced to the right volume. I didn't hook them up like I mentioned before cause I didn't have the right crossovers to do it. I just bridged the amp and ran 400 watts to my component crossover to run the mid and tweet togather. Right now they sound very nice on movies, but they are too loud for music. I'll let you know after I build the circuit for them. Should be tomorrow

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2292
Thanks for the update.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1471
I found out that this is a poor selection for a tweeter because the resonate frequency is 4kHz. That means that it would have to be crossed over at 5kHz. The reason they were soo bright is that I had them crossed over at about 2kHz and I was listening to the resonate frequency. I will probably trash these tweets and find something more suitable.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1472
Maybe good for a three way system though.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1473
Ok. I figured out my problem. The crossover that I'm using was setup for an 8ohm tweeter. I made an attenuation circuit that made the crossover see an 8ohm load. And a little eq tweaking now they sound great. The staging and imaging is excellent and my subs do not drown them out like they do to other tweeters. I highly recommend these especially if you can cross them over at about 4kHz. Let me know what you decide.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us