Need A Opinion

Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 3
Alright guys I am new up here and just want some advice....ok I have a Panasonic CQ-8300 HU,Front speakers are RF 2-way 6.5,Rear LA 3-way 6.5, with a Kenwood KAC-8101D amp, and a pair of Volf.ZX-4712 subs at 500rms in a sealed box.Last but not least I drive a Saturn SL2 and it has a small trunk but fold down backseats does anyone know of a Way I can make my SYSTEM SOUND BETTER either by re-organize or purchasing more components any ideas or advice

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 6
I also have a cheap cap to go along with it "SCOSCHE" wal-mart brand but aye it serves it's purpose

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 306
the big 3 for sure. after that start replacing component 1 by 1.
no offence but i would not use a single one of those components in your entire setup

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 7
How does the BIG 3 work I never heard of it before

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
your basically replacing alternator/battery/ground wires from about 8 gauge (stock) to 0 gauge (or 2 gauge, depending on further expansion options you want). there should be a thread about it in ac. I think, idk do some looking, or google big 3 car audio

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 9
Alright thanks do you think my sub box is better off rearfiring and pushed up close to trunk or give it about a foot to push more air.I have a small trunk (1997 SAturn SL2) any suggestions or changes I could make with the setup

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 919
Do the big 3 and lose the capacitor. They do nothing to help your electrical system, and actually put MORE of a load on your alternator. Don't listen to any noobs who will tell you otherwise.

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 10
Alright good lookin with the advice but How should I set my HU it has sub-outputs,High and Low pass filter,and SQ adjustments.I recently have low pass at 80 and High pass at 90 is this correct I like lots of bass listen to mostly hip-hop.What about my sub box should I have it rearfiring and leave about a foot to push air or have the box as close as possible to the trunk ?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 929
You just have to set the filters based on what sounds best to you. Personally I would set the HPF and LFP at the same frequency if possible.

As far as positioning the sub box goes, every installation is different and you just have to try facing it different ways and figure out what sounds best. That said, rearfiring is usually the best way to go with trunk cars.

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 12
Alright I have a question which would be better for me I have a small trunk a 2 12's (Volfenhag cheap) but is about 500rms and a kenwood KAC8101D about 400rms should I keep these 12's or put my Kicker 15' it's older model circle shape which one since I have a small trunk

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1504
well you're asking for what will sound better....and IMO the products you've listed are not known for their SQ. I would switch out the speakers and go to different brands. Do components in front, nothing on the rear deck and get some good subs.

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 16
Alright but I am more so after SPL so would a older model kicker 15 (forgot model num.) out pound 2 volfenhag 12' with 500rms.Don't forget my amp is only 400w@1 channel so if I hook up this amp to the 12's they will be underpowered a little but they aren't new so the power should be enough or should I go with the 15 which one will yield more SPL?

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
i say the kicker would have more spl. volfenbullshit is not a brand i would ever use

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1507
so then what are you trying to make sound better? You're asking to make your sound better, but only want to deal with the sub? Well then you're not wanting a better sound. the sub plays a tiny frequency range comapred to the rest of the speakers.

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 25
I am trying to make my subs sound better and still pound harder thats why I ask which sub to go with Volfenhag or Kicker SOlobaric S15d 750 watts

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3672
get rid of both the volfs' and the kicker.

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1508
well don't get eithe like ^^^^ said. neither are good for SQ and the Kicker only is good on SPL. get a better quality sub like Stereo integrity BM or Soundsplinter RL-p.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3673
exactly^^^ get rid of the subs you have now and get better one's. i say email kevin at low-hz.com and pick up some bm's while he's having a group buy and then buy some cdt comps. from alter.

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 27
Good Looking guys I will do that today and I plan on selling my subs and amp today for like 125

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1510
joshua, where in NC are you? I'm in charlotte.

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 34
I am in Greenville about a couple hrs. from you

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1512
o yeah i know where that is.....if you're interested in Stereo Integrity, you can come down here and listen to my Mag and maybe meet Nick who owns SI. Si is out of Mooresville.

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 35
Thats wassup I have 3 aunts that stay up there and I will most defiantely come check you guys out in May or early June you guys think you can get me some good deals on some stuff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us