How to set HU for Subs

Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 2
What people I am new up here and I was just wondering what should I set my HU bass and Sub-output to have it on the average level but not to much were as in something will blow or burn into flames I have a Panasonic CQ-8300 and a Kenwood KAC_8101D (mono) 200w@4 ohm and 400@2 ohms.Plus a sealed box for my Volf. subs 500rms.I know they have a bad rep. but they pound in my small Saturn.PLease leave any recommendation or a better setup or arrangement (rambling on I know)

Bronze Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 98
i love bass i got my sub's all the way up to 7 and the bass at 0. i'm pushing 2,300w on two 12 RE SE

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 4
Do you think I should push my Volfenhag that hard or do you think I should lay off the bass a little everyone else tells me not to play them to hard but for me they DROP HARD what do you think

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 5
Also my sub box is in the trunk and is rear firing do you think I should have it as close to the trunk as possible or give it some space to breath,I have a small trunk so how should I place my sub box close to the trunk or back off a little.I also have a Saturn with fold down seats

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 18
I wish someone would respond or give me some tips on getting more SPL or something I could do with me setup ?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11848
what is ur preout voltage on ur HU??

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1574
Also my sub box is in the trunk and is rear firing do you think I should have it as close to the trunk as possible or give it some space to breath,I have a small trunk so how should I place my sub box close to the trunk or back off a little.I also have a Saturn with fold down seats

See this:

http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/aiming.htm

Rear fire em as close to the back of the trunk as possible, within reason of course. You don't want the cones smashin into anything.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 23
5 volt

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 24
How do you suggest getting more SPL out of my system or setting my HU just right.What else do I need to make what I have better ?

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11862
and what is the voice coil config on ur sub??

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 33
DVC

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11886
4ohm or 2ohm??

do u have aim??this forum is way to slow, and i no u want to get ur stuff right

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 36
4 DVC subs and nah I don't have aim and each set of voice coils is 250watts so each sub is 500rms

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11890
ok..theres the problem..ur subs are dvc4ohm so wired together the will create a 1ohm load...ur amp is not 1ohm stable nor is it enough power for those subs...
this is the only way to wire them with out any problems..but it is at 4ohms and ur amp only produces 200rms at 4ohms...so thats 100rms per sub...so ur underpowering them by 400rms per sub..u need another amp..
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us