Ground Pounder or what?

Silver Member
Username: Thecrypt

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 145
Hey, I was here before but never actually got anything together. I decided not to go into yet and only got an alt upgrade. I just want to rumble the streets and I want it to sound good if you know what I mean.

I was thinking some Orion or Zapco amps (which, or what?) and some subs which can go down low and do it VERY loudly! I like the whole gut shaking feeling and the fact that it carries far, doesn't it? I remember being in the movies, and when those powerful loud scenes shake me and rumble my guts.

I'm not sure where to go or look for what I'm seeking. I should have plenty of power on hand though.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 378
some btl 18's or some 9515's

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 552
Can't really compare Orion to Zapco, Zap's are high dollar. How many amps is your new alt?

Sounds to me like you just need one Fi Q or BL 15 in a nice ported box and a 1000+ watt amp and you're good to go.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1874
What kind of budget are we looking at? If you want it VERY loud at the lows, your looking at some expensive subs, and the orions should be fine with it. 2500D's but im not sure on how good they run on .5ohm daily loads talk to Chad Lee. Id go with 15's or 18's depending on how low your talkin. I just got some 15's and dont think i could want it any lower. I felt like i was gunna puke from some of the lows this morning.. my stomache was bothering me b4 hand but just feelin like im hungry... but anyways budget and room available for the subs... what kinda ride they going into and how much power do plan on pushing.. what size H\O?

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 146
Dual Alt, 600 amps

What would a 15" BTL, BL, Q, or 9515 do in the Expedition?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1339
god damn lol well you have enough power on hand to do pretty much anything...

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 554
600 amps Holy sheepballs

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 147
Oh I mean to say 20hz there sorry ^

Oh I'm the only one that hardly ever uses it, I've got plenty of room back there. How much power can I get out of the alt? Would 5k be enough for a strong LOUD 20hz?

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1340
2 18" BTL's on 5000wrms would just be devastation

budget?

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1878
Um it should be if properly installed. I get decently loud at 20Hz on about 3K~ish its alot louder at 35hz.. but thats the design.. if you want 20hz.... Id definetly go with some 18's... 15s are basically out of the picture.. What kind of budget tho... i can list quite a few subs but you might no like the price.... where did u get the dual alt setup from? I have been trying to get one for like 2 years now.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1341
dude you could push at least 20kw out of that. you have unlimited possibilities especially with all that room. 20hz with what i said above would shake the sh!t out of you lol

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 555
Have you heard, or I should say felt, 20hz? There are very few songs that even go that low unless you are running sweeps or test tones. You're way more concerned with what it will do around 45-50 than down that low.

Man if you have the cash you could go wild with that much space and that much amperage to spare. Two 15" Fi's (depending on what you want) and the 2500D Killa mentioned and you're talking some slamming azz sh!t goin' down.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 556
^^^ LOL all thinking the same thing damnit

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1342
lol damn i wish i was in this guys shoes

give us a budget guy!

also, what is in there currently overstock? just the alts? because if you have nothing else, internal speaker replacement will be necessary with what you'll be getting lol

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 148
I got the alt brackets custom-made from Steve's Car Shop and all installed for $2000 I'm surprised at the price he charged me for that alt bracket. Do you think he ripped me off?

Considering what I had to spend on the alt setup, I'd like to make the budget at least 3x that...so I can get what I paid for. I love the earth shaking lows.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock2000

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 343
omg.. just dont kill urself with w/e ya get

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2075
so a $6000 budget? Damn, instead of "what do you want", its more like "what don't you want"

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1883
Id get like 2 DD Z1's and 2 DD 9917's(18 inch subs) and a few hc2400's and the 1800 for under the hood :-)

it will make your head explodeUpload

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1884
Or maybe the new 18inch Z series :-) but im not even sure of that price...

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2956
4 kx2500.1's and either dd 18z, treo ssx, eclipse ti pro, re xxx, atomic apx, shocker super xtreme/sig(hard to find), theres probally a bunch more but i can't think.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 136
two ssx 18s would be the sh!t. I remember B posting about how he parked outside a building with some treo subs (can't remember what he had, it was a while ago) and a bunch of people ran out because they thought there was an earthquake or something. i might have exagerated that tho i can't really remember it but talk to B.

http://www.treoonline.com/ssx.html

http://www.incriminatoraudio.com/index.htm

an IA 40.1 might be good but going by the ratings it would underpower them a lil. it might be under-rated pretty hard core though. you'd probably have to phone them cuz its not on their site.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1343
1 18. believe me when i say 1 will be enough.

ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=Z

like 4 of these amps

low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_22&products_id=31

all of the wiring

knukonceptz.com

get a box from either one of these guys

teamtoxicbass.com/design/index.htm
spkrman.com/

batteries
kinetikaudio.com/faq.asp

do you have a head unit?

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 149
Sorry the forums were acting weird on me.

Yeah guys I don't have anything but the alt upgrade. It's all stock and I just haven't really done anything yet. I was going to, but I got caught up in working on my home theater build (going great BTW).

I'm more than sure stock isn't going to cut it, especaiily with being drowned out by the bass.

It seems everyone supports DD.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 915
Damm with that budget, your limit is going to be how much you can fit, not how much can you afford, lol.

I think you should be able to fit four DD 9515s and 4 Z1s in there. That would be the best street bass system ever.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 150
So when I drive by my old high school I can knock my Algebra teacher's tea over? She always had these big things of tea.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2958
i'd get 2 DD 18z's with 2 kx2500.1's to each, with a good box, i could see a 150+bassrace score, which is VERY FVCKIN loud.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 151
First off, are you trying to blow my head off??? Second, what prices are we running into?

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 361
nope. we r tryin to shake ur head off haha.... around 5 grand for 4 9515's n' 4 Z1's

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1348
he needs a HU, wiring, batts, etc. too...

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 153
That's true...^^

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1350
just get what i showed you above lol

a pioneer DEH-P880PRS would be great... mostly any pioneer premier HU would be fine though

for internal speakers to keep a decent budget go either infinity or alpine type r/x, or for a little more go JL

to power the internals get a sundown SAX-100.4

that system would be crazy...

Username: 2000lade

Lafayette, IN United States

Post Number: 4
i have 4 TREO SSX 18's for sale that i had in my vehicle for around 2 months.

if you are interested let me know.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2960
ohh well since you still have to buy other stuff, i'd get some 9917's and a 2500.1 to each, that would be one sweet setup get very loud also, i'd go with the hu and amp eric said but different speaks, maybe some rainbows or morals.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 154
What components can take more power?

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 155
I'm liking the look of those Rainbows.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1352
rainbow, cdt, and focal make some of the best components

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 157
Will two of those Sundowns bridged (4-ch total) on 2 sets of components (Rainbow Power CS) in the front sound good loud?

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1355
sure those will fit? they're 6.9" woofers... and have huge magnets lol. but yeah those would love around 200wrms each...

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 158
Yes I checked.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1409
Can we see pics of the Dual alt setup?

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 569
Lol Rob, I have a feeling about this one too. And Ryan, what's up with your profile? Seems to me you have all of your stuff already picked out. If so, why are you asking here?

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 159
You guys are right. I'm mainly just doing this to learn so I know what stuff is good and how all this works. I may have a lot of money, but I got it by saving, not spending it wildly like I did in my teens.

I thank you guys as I really have learned a lot in my 2 months here.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1356
Upload

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 160
Well, bye...

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 857
So this was just a big joke of a thread?? Glad I didnt waste my time thinking about it.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 161
Yeah, again, bye...

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1937
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1191
lots of good subs and amps out there. with that alt setup you can 10,000+wrms...

if i was in your shoes i would personally do 4 BTLs and 4 rockford fosgate t3000bds...

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 397
4 18 inch kicker solo X's. you will be herd for miles. gotta run 20,000 watts though. but from the looks of it. your alternators can handle it.

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1898
I still say 18" subs... he said he wants it really loud and sounding good at like 20hz... if that truely is the case.... 18" is the best way to go..

You would be good with 2 of the DD 99z's :-)

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 404
18s wont sound "good" well whats your deffenition of good. you can only go so far till it doesent sound good anymore and its just loud. if your putting a bunch of 18s in and all that its just gonna be loud and not the cleanest system. whats it matter if it sounds good. with that much bass you wont beable to hear anything else.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 376
DD Z series is better than solo x's matt. sorry to burst ur bubble.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1087
Jake Ryan

Try this out

4 AudioQue HD3 15"
4 Sundown SAZ 1500D

http://www.audioque.com/aq/HDSeries.htm
http://www.sundownaudio.com/

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 406
hey you aint bursting anything. i dident say they were the best.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 759
did u guys not read? he doesnt have dual alts, or this budget - he just did this to see what was good out there for that budget... basically he was being a douche bag

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 162
Thanks for still recommending, but soz

It would a been 4 RE XXX's each powered by a Zapco 4kw or something anyway.

We could turn this into a thread where we go about the hypothetical scenario of what you really could do with an unlimited budget with my Expedition (that I do own). You guys are making me really want to get some of this stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if I owned some crazy setup someday.

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1904
matt i say the 18s because they are bigger.... bigger subs have alot more potential to get the lower notes because it takes more time to move all the cone area.. hence y tweeters are small.. they move really fast and get the highs.

What your looking for and what you SAY your looking for i think are 2 totally different things, i dont think you realize what 20hz really is. 20hz is really low for SPL numbers and to make it sound good while doing it... its really more of a question of whats possible lol. You would probably be happy with 1 18 on 2-3Krms in about a 5cu box at 33hz or so :-)

if your not sure at how low things are.... goto www.realmofexcursion.com download some sine waves and play them on some subs or your stock... BE CAREFUL if you never messed with them before though... they are known to blow speakers when used wrong or just used stupidly.. and 20hz from 40hz at the same volume level will pull alot more power.. im pretty sure atleast(depending on RCA vs. Gain and all.. close to clipping..ect)

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1728
So do you even own the system you listed in your profile? That would be an incredible setup too...

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1969
KiLLa I think the reason it uses more power is because the cone has to travel further and use more amplifier power to do that, I think it's a low impedance at that frequency and so uses more power.

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1906
Reece are you talking to me? Yea i own it all. im not using the JBL amp anymore though.. theres somthing wrong with all my RCA's for the subs if i connect it... it only works right in a single SUBWOOFER AMP install.... dunno whats wrong with it exactly.. but i loose my lows when i connect the amp and my other amp also sounds like the gain turns itself down when i plug it in... so yea :-( but soon another PHD5000D after power upgrades

then i need help choosing mids\highs and amps for them.. i need somthing that can still be heard clearly and not be drownd out with 150-155db of bass. I didnt get this setup metered yet but all i can say.... loudest thing me or any of my friends ever heard... i even had people at a local sound shop coming out to check it when i pulled up.. even had a few customers ask for my number so i can do some installs for them. these things got some crazy potential... i may end up getting 2 more :-) but i would rather get 2 18's along with the 15's

Username: 2000lade

Lafayette, IN United States

Post Number: 10
or you can buy my old ground pounder setup. 4 ssx 18's. 3 300 amp 18v alternators. 5 kinetik 2400's, Tru technology 4.100. CDT 7.2 gold with upstage, 4 memphis 4kws. and wang a 153.1 on the dash at 30 hz. just a thought
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us