How's this sound? (Suggestions?)

> 2 12" Alpine SWS-1241 Type-S Subs (4ohm SVC)
> powered by a Profile CA800 Amp (300watts RMSx2 at 2ohms)

?'s:
>Should I get the 2 Alpines in 10" (and why)?
>The subs are rated 50-200 watts RMS power range w/ a peak power handling of 600 watts, should I get a less powerful amp (like the Profile CA600).

3KGT VR-4
please reply

Dave
thats sounds like a pretty good match for those subs, but you may want to just get a mono block (1 channel) to save some $$$

tt
well the alpine sws-1241D type s sub in a 12 (2 x 4ohm). Better wiring options than the non D which is only single voice coil. The sws-1241D is 69.99 at etronics.com. They also have the type R version which is a little better quality for 109.99. Alpine is a good brand though no matter which series you go with. Etronics has your amp for 119.99 and a Profile CA-600M 600 x 1 mono subwoofer amp you might look at too. If you wanted to spend more money they have the profile CL 1200W two channel amp for 229.99 better than 2 of the ones for 119.99 because only one install charge for power wires and rca cables. I would recommend it for the price because more power and it is from a better series Profile makes. Your choice sounds like a decent boom boom for the price but if you want to spend more money I recommend the Type R and maybe a different amp. Explore etronics they have a lot of good stuff for cheap all new non refurbished stuff and they have good service.

tt
and about the 10s instead it depends on the type of music you listen to and the space you have to work with. I like 12s better they are a good mixture of the features of the 10s and the 15s. The 12s will also of course take up more space.

3kgt vr-4
thanks guys

3kgt v-4
Can can hook up my amp to an outlet in my room by using a power inverter and a 12 volt adapter?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us