OT: virus protection NEW!!!

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 947
hey i just wiped everything off my comp and started from scratch because of a virus....my old protection software said the license expired and i just blew it off...it didn't really do anything anyways....soo whats the bes virus software out there

Silver Member

Post Number: 948
bump

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4655
I use Norton. Maybe not the best but not the worst. Imo.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1316
kaspersky

Silver Member

Post Number: 949
im soooo sick of viruses and spyware and ads and popups and all that trash......what is the best virus guard $$$$$ can buy (under $100) would be nice

Silver Member

Post Number: 950
i had kasperky system machanic with virus protection and it wasnt all that great....do they have somthing better or is that it??

Silver Member
Username: Kickerman

Post Number: 121
mcafee

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 1776
i have mcafee too and it like blocks everything that u dotn want

Silver Member

Post Number: 951
^^^ had that too...not impressed......anyone know anything about Nod32??? http://www.nod32usa.com/
i was on a computer help forum and they were talking about it.....never heard of it...they also mentioned CA but let me know

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... I GOT KING K...

Post Number: 4164
the best one so fars its prevx1 thats the best program i tested... and trust me i tested alot and i mean alot... from the top ones to the lamest...

Silver Member

Post Number: 952
rob can u tell me a lil more about that prevx1??? can u get a cd or just download it??? also have u tested that nod32 or CA??? i might just have to try this prevx1...anyone else ever use it??????

Silver Member

Post Number: 953
bump

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 901
AVG is the best free one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 955
id rather spend some $$$ and get somthing really good than get an ok free one

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1317
i get them free either way lol. i've used kaspersky for awhile now with no problems. maybe the older versions sucked or something...

Gold Member

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4176
avg its not that good anymore.... it got enganged with another company so its not that good.....

prevx1 its the best that i have tried and will scan everytime real time once u try it ull be amazed yes i have CA.

i have pest patrol and Ca antivirus... im runnign right now the antivirus and prevx1... no virus nomore...

for prevx1 uc an only get it online google it but u have to pay for it buti guarante you that u will not have virus anymore.

i have kasperslky that comes wiht system mechanic and its not that great....

u need to get avast(free with torrent), and prevx1(rare to find but u can download it if u pay for it or u can have the free trial), and advance windows care (free online juzz google it) this program will make you invunerable to many types of virus....

avast its good pretty good because u restart u computer and automatically loads before other programs and do the scan witout any programs runing so it can find the virus that are deeply hidden.....

prevx its the best real time protection software...

norton na,,, mcafee neither sucks... they take too much memory and proccess and are not that affective...

Silver Member

Post Number: 957
ok im gunna give that prevx1 a try...rob could you give me a list of the programs i need to get..it sounds like i need prevx1 plus some others or do i only need prevx1??? right now i got spy sweeper and im gunna uninstall that and redoo my entire protection software...thanks for the help!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 959
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 962
cough..................bump

Gold Member

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4180
prevx1

avast(u can remove the real time protection since the prevx1 its better only use it once a week to scan your files)

advance windows car(free it has a free version u will not need the one u have to pay)

and a firewall will be extra but the widows firewall will do the job fine since prevx it sbuilt in firewall and it has a extremely good one

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2076
first...windows firewall isnt very good, its like a one way door....wont let anything IN but lets everything OUT.
Heres what I have, no problems either

AVG Antivirus
ZoneAlarm Firewall
SpywareGuard Antispyware

I also have a couple of other antivirus and antispyware programs that I run as needed. AVG and SpywareGuard both have real time protection which is why I use them.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2077
almost forgot...all are freeware

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 144
I hear PCtools antivirus (free) is pretty good and also spybot sreach and destroy (also free) is really good for spyware.

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1975
wuts the best FREE virus protection? lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us