Help, I think my KENWOOD has a sticky button??

Username: Dani007

AucklandNew Zealand

Post Number: 1
my name is Danielle and I've had my Kenwood DPX5021M for over a year and its second hand....
Not that long ago as I was driving the volume went up without me touching anything untill it was loudest it goes, I couldn't turn it off so had to pull it out and unplug it...
After plugging it back in it wouldn't turn back on but the display was on, none of the buttons would work...
Throughout a week I kept randomly pushing buttons and once it ejected the cd so I put it back in and it turned on, played for a little while then the volume went back up....
This all repeats over and over agan and now I have just left it unplugged !!
I think (not that I know about electrics) that its just a sticky button and the volume up button is stuck, stopping the other buttons from working, but this morning I got out my screw driver and took off the frount cover and couldn't see anything wrong! I put it back together and back in my car but its not turning on AGAIN! I've searched the web for an answer...
What can I do to make it work or is there somewhere in New Zealand I can take it?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 920
Can't say I've ever seen that problem before. But if there is something wrong with the HU, it will be cheaper to get a new one than to get it fixed.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 572
That's the dual-din model so it doesn't have a detachable face. It probably is a stuck toggle, and you are right -- if one is in fact stuck, none of the other buttons will work. You could try to take the front cover off again and blast all the buttons real good with a can of contact cleaner and get a q-tip and a toothpick and clean all the little nooks and crannie's. Other than that, there isn't much you can do, and MS is right about replacing it. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us