Ultimate speaker setup. need help.

Username: Simmo

Post Number: 1
Hey guys. I got 2006 Scion xA that I am turning into a show car.
My next project is audio/video. I am going to run a mobile PC in the car with touchscreen monitor. Anyways, right now I am in the market for the ultimate speaker setup.
Looking at either CDT HD-62, Focal 165KP or Diamond Audio S600s in the front, and some cheap fillers for the rear. I am leaning towards the CDT setup. I mostly listen to Trance, House, progressive styles but not limited to it. I do listen to a lot of punk rock and even fast beat rap/r&b styles too. So I need pretty much good quality in all sound ranges.
I hope you guys can give me some good advices.
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Tc_skier

Post Number: 117
ps he's got two eD 13Ov.2's to fill in the bottom end so consider that with your recommendations everyone. what's your budget for the speaks simmo?

Post Number: 2
Thanks for clarifying that Mike :-)

Well I was hoping to get speakers and amp for under $600. Minus the amp that would leave about 400-450.. BUT.. I am flexible, if the product is realy THAT great I could go over the budget a little.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3795
DLS iriduim 3 ways

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1399
Based on the bottom end fill, I would go with the cdt es line. I have the older ones and listen to trance and dance all the time. The imaging and soundstage is unbeatable at that price point in my opinion.

Post Number: 3
Yeah but 6.5 Gold series - the ES that you recomended- will cost me $699. Thats almost a $1k with the amp and all. kinda pricy.
You don't think I would get quality out of HD models?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 873
CDT HD series FTW. Also look into Rainbow if you can afford them.

Post Number: 5
whats FTW?

Post Number: 6
and where can i find rainbow products for sale? i looked at their website seems OK, i want to compare the price vs. specs.

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 894
FTW = For the win.

I guess you would have to find a dealer for the rainbows, I haven't ever seen them online.

Post Number: 7
specific models of rainbow you could recomend?

Thanks M.S.

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 896
I've seen a few installs with Rainbow speakers but quite frankly I don't remember which models they were. I think one was the Power Line. But from what I've heard from people, the Sound Line sound great, and the Power Line are extremely loud and sound good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
what do you guys think about m6's with a drt26 tweeter and a 560 xover?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1496
you can ask me for prices but I'd suggest the HD series with either the drt-26 or the entire tweeter set. Email me for prices and all. If you want to wait for the new ES series I'd say wait for them and not go with the current ES line as the HD line IMO has the better overall performance. higher midrange the ES is very smooth but I prefer the mid to low end midrange better of the HD. Little fuller sound.

Post Number: 8
alteraudiousa
so how much would HD setup like M C recomended run me?

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
just to clarify simmo...are you talkin about..

m6's with a drt26 tweeter and a 560 xover

or a regular hd-62 setup without the m6 drivers?

also, what do you guys think of iridium 6.2's, 165kp's, zr650-csi's, the new zapco comp set that runs for like 360ish over on woofersetc, polk sr6500s, maybe some morel hybrids, BA Z6's if found for cheap on eBay, alpine type x, oz matrix, pio premier TS-C720PRS, dyn 240gt's if found on ebay...im having trouble thinking of more....but really what are your best recs considering his music taste for speakers that are no more than $450?

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
just to clarify simmo...are you talkin about..

m6's with a drt26 tweeter and a 560 xover

or a regular hd-62 setup without the m6 drivers?

also, what do you guys think of iridium 6.2's, 165kp's, zr650-csi's, the new zapco comp set that runs for like 360ish over on woofersetc, polk sr6500s, maybe some morel hybrids, BA Z6's if found for cheap on eBay, alpine type x, oz matrix, pio premier TS-C720PRS, dyn 240gt's if found on ebay...im having trouble thinking of more....but really what are your best recs considering his music taste for speakers that are no more than $450?

Post Number: 9
I was talking about the "m6's with a drt26 tweeter and a 560 xover" setup.

Everything else that you just listed, went way over my head :-) i'll have to look.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
lol that's for everyone else to look over and voice opinions on

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1459
I have the S600's right now. I think that they came out with a better set of components. I think that they are caled D9's. They are supposed to be better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
regardless of what else Diamond came out with....how do you like the s600s? and what tweeter do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1462
Best set of components I've ever had. It has a really nice sub. I went with the aluminum tweets. A very nice set of components. Diamond Audio was very helpful too. They recommended that I overpower the components to make them sound better. So I am putting 300WRMS of clean power on them. I used an osciliscope to make sure that it wasnt clipping though. I recommend these components. Better than the Infinity's they replaced and better than the Alpines I had before that. Unfortunately I cannot compare them to the others you mentioned because I haven't heard them.

Post Number: 10
Mike,
after seeing answers here and doing my own research i think i will go ahead with the CDT setup that you recomended.. Get me a price on that please. And what amp should i get so i dont overpower, underpower them..

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
will do...you'll need a nine.2x
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us