Rl-p vs SSi

Bronze Member
Username: Gaige99

Post Number: 91
over all sql whats better ss rl-ps or treo ssi's. either three 15" rlp's or 4 12" ssi's

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 357
rl-ps sound better but ssi's get louder. however 3 15's would prolly get louder than 4 12's so id have to say rl-p's r the better bet there!

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4231
4 12 SSIs, will be out of this world in SQ department! both rl-ps and ssi are great sq drivers... but from what I know, people are not satisfied with the output of the rl-ps

4 12 SSIs, will possibley damage your car and hearing, and sound good while doing it!

now I can remember my 2 12 TSX sounding so good, my friend thought they were JLs, but It was just sounding better than his JLs... :-)

ps it was tuned to 27hz

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4232

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
thats awesome. yeah so those are sortof conflicting lol. i know both will be loud and sound good, but i'm not sure how 1 on 1 they stack up against each other??

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4233
1on1 the SSI is alot louder, 1on1 alot say the rl-p has sweet SQ!
but still not much better then the SSI, as you know SQ is up to the listener... SSI, will be the best thing you heard, if you dont own a RL-p or Focal yet they both lack the output of the SSI still

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
so 4 ssi ftw? and will 750 apiece be ok. i had tsx 15"s and they liked about double the rms rating

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4236
yes, all Treo subs are rated conservative. Polo is giving his 10" ssi 1250rms I belive each.

I would give them 1000rms each, so 4krms amp and 4 12 SSI, that would be SICCKKK!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
side note i'm swapping which ever of these i decide on for 05 12" xxx's will that be upgrade or a bad decision

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4237
hmm, I would pick a SSI over a XXX, but the XXX 05 is a great sub, as well as the newer ones. also I belive they are XBL2 technology.

the XXX will sound just as good or better, but the SSI will still get louder than them...

I keep saying that, but its a SQ sub, but it performs like a SQL monster!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
awesome i'm in! i appreciate the help man i'm going to try to get all four in in the next 2 weeks they will be on a powerbass xa3000d in a tahoe i'll get pics up. o one last question sealed or ported??

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3599
don't mean to jack the thread, but b, you have msrp's on treo subs, 12"s? if you do post them please, been trying to get hold of treo but they don't ever answer phones or emails.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3600
bump.

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4249
gaige port them low, around 32 or so give or take... but yea, that on that powerbass, which is a good solid amp. will surely get everyones attention.... and sound marvelous as they never heard before. boi..

ctmike, I can get you what you want, email me at valeboykid@hotmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us