.JackHammer?!

Bronze Member
Username: Gaige99

Post Number: 89
Anybody seen mtx's demo escalade ext. it has two jackhammers and some "prototype amps" with 4 of their 9500 series tens. they said it has hit 185 db. any thoughts??

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 709
their lying POS bastardds...thats my thought...and its a fact. ill cut my sack off and make a duffel bag out of it and post pics on here if they REALLY did hit 185 DB...

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2055
I say BS...world record is 181db so I kinda doubt it. Plus whey sould you have two jackhammers and 4 tens? Kinda odd to use different sized subs

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 594

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
lol agreed. if anybody reads "truckin" magazine there was an article in there on it, they made it sound like the most ridiculous thing on the road.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2056
damn, went to MTX website, and froze my browser, had to ctrl/alt/del to shut it down and then restart.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
haha yeah i just went there too its on there but doesn't really say anything in detail it just shows the escy and a pic of the jackhammers. i wonder if there is a copy of the article on the internet?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 132
185db at the port, pix plz^

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4244
185 in a vaccum chamber, and using their own limited mtx spl mic (most accurate to date)

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 135
a while ago i thought i saw a video of some DDs hitting 185 at a comp... i dunno sh!t about comps tho. someone on here posted it. anyway im probably wrong but you know, just throwin it out there.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 133
south africa? is what ur talkin about i think

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 526
Turns out what they (MTX) actually said was that the reinforced truck body itself could "theoretically" handle the pressure that 185db would create.

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/showthread.php?t=17844

Eardrum rupture occurs at around 160 decibels (conventional sound) to 185 decibels (nonperiodic blast pressure).
Lung rupture and presumably embolism due to air blast occur at 200 decibels.

^^^^ For the 90% of you who have just passed puberty.... that last part means you are dead.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11797
lol...185 in a vehicle..lol..thats just funny 2 me for some reason...honestly i dont think we will see that number in a db event in our life time...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us