Box i built yesterday (pics), more of the install pics to come

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4020
idk if you guys remember me installing a system in my friends car a while ago....well were redoing it. his entire system is, stock Hu, AC LOC, ED nine.1, ED nine.2, JL XR650 csi, AA Arsenal 12s, and kinetik battery to come. oh and a kicka$s installer ;) 8).

The front is the only part you see, thats why it is the only side painted (screwless look, resined, sanded, primered, painted, clearcoat, scratch X, wax. lol). the amp rack and such i will post pics of later... I'm waiting on the carpet to come in.
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 826
Whats the foam for?? I have heard of polyfill but never foam like that.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... I GOT KING K...

Post Number: 4157
where u got that foam???

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4025
its a egg crate thing for a bed haha. i had it laying around...well my mom did lol. its same same thign just not flame retardant. its suposed to absorb the standing waves in the corners of the enclosure.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4026
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?Partnumber=260-515&raid=54&rak=260- 515

"Specially designed, opened cell, flame retardant foam in a convoluted "egg crate" pattern. Helps to reduce muddy bass and cleans up the midrange by absorbing internal standing waves. Staple or glue to the top, bottom, sides and back of your speaker cabinet. You will be amazed at what acoustic foam can do for your sound system. Also ideal for small recording rooms and studios. Flame retardant in accordance with UL 94 HF-1 flammability testing. Sold individually in 24" x 18" pieces. 16 pieces per carton. Charcoal gray color. "

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 737
looks good bra

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 755
Men that box looks really nice.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 146.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3105
trevor dude that box is terrible mines 10x better

dude im not jealous shut up

finish your install yet???

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4027
Got wires? i hate working with so many wires. it really makes you want to shoot yourself. idk how people do installs with 6 subs, 10 screens, 8 amps, neons, fans, etc. this isnt all the wires though, some are already out of sight, eventually, they all will be though. this is how it sits, eventually there will be a cover for both the amps and subs. it'll look really nice. sounds good. could be alot louder in a different vehicle but ya gotta work with what ya got. (1 arsenal 12 hooked up at 2 ohms was louder in my truck than these 2 hooked up at 1 ohm belive it or not) box was different though. in my truck it was 1.15 cuft built to golden ratio. and this is 1.22 not golden ratio.

Upload

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4028
Upload

driving....STFU lol. nah mines not done yet. i should be getting some money here soon to finish 'er up though. damn i cant wait.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 840
Just a few wires.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1914
What did you use for the clearcoat? Spray on stuff or what?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4032
i just used rattle cans. dupli color or something like that was the brand. picked it up at advanced.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Bassrace 147.2 dbHttp://com4....

Post Number: 11214
that looks like it sounds clean.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4246
"Got wires? i hate working with so many wires. it really makes you want to shoot yourself. idk how people do installs with 6 subs, 10 screens, 8 amps, neons, fans, etc. "

yeah, I do it for a living, lol I love installing. :-)

"The front is the only part you see, thats why it is the only side painted (screwless look, resined, sanded, primered, painted, clearcoat, scratch X, wax. lol)."

looks great buddy, cant wait to see the final install, I had to do a few like those, even the same color paint & clear coat as the exterior or interior of vehicle...

keep up the good work.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4033
i like building boxes.... i HATE wiring lol. i didnt know you were an installer. i thought car audio was just your hobby. thats cool, no wonder you see so many setups lol

chad, it does except for the rattles! lol... things in my house were rattling too lol. thanks for all the compliments guys.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4251
yea, im a installer, also a electrical engineer, so i love wires, wiring, electronics...

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 125
you make descent money doing that? any certificiations?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2535
Hey Trevor that is funny just got done saying some time ago about how we use to use "conveluted foam" in our sealed enclosures back in the days(80's), lol. That will be one of the cleanest sounding enclosures, nice job... Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us