Daily driving bass?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 380
well i have already been talking about getting teh fi bl's or the dd 9512 or 3512's but a read about how 800 rms watts is enough for daily driving and if those subs would be to much for daily driving then i wont get them cuz i aint gonna be going in comps i just want a pretty damloud system when i want to crank it cuz i love loud azz bass and i love to show off to my friends how there systems suck lol.. so can you guys tell me if them subs will just be to much for listening to constant when driving? thanx guys

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9638
off 800 watts I would run an FI Q, thats not enough power for those DD's although they are amazing subs.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 382
yea but i ran my system about 750 watts and that seemd loud but i just want allot louder. like i wouldnt mind having it to wear i cant listen to it but i wouldnt drive daily like that.. anyways yea if i did get teh dd's would the 3512 be good wiht liek 2 kicker kx1200.1 amps to each sub? and would that be too loud ? and would that still not be enough power to give them.. what do u mean like if you dont give them teh right power they wont sound good? i just want loud and nice

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 383
i just want something to be loud an dto show off ot ppl and friends, and my dad lol. but he thinks bass is the dumbest thing lol. anywasy if i wanted teh system loud u have the subwofer control on my alpine HU and if i wanted ot play it loud i could just turn that up and when i wanted ot drive daily and have it pretty loud i could just have that turned down right?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9643
I never said they won't sound good if you dont power them properly they just won't get as loud as they are capable of getting. a kicker 1200.1 would be nice on each:-) you will have a very nice system provided you have the amperage to back it up.

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 660
15" Audioque SD2.5
or
15" Fi SSD

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 388
no thanx snarl . yea hames i dont have the amperage now but im working on the money for the subs and alt wiht iring i already have wiring im just gonna rewire everything with the big three as well cuz i knwo ill need that, i cant wait to hear what it will do ith 2 of thos kicker amps i hope it gets pretty loud

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4658
w/ ~800wrms...look into a DD2515.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 888
^^^^^

X2 exactly what I was going to say.

800 watts is nowhere near enough for a 35 or 95.

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 289
how much would u guys reccommend for the 35 then?

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 359
12 n' up

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 391
no canan and m.s i never said it was enough i was just saying if that would be enough power for what i want but i dont htink it is. anyways yea if i did get those 300's i would give them 2 kxkickers1200.1 amps each and i know that enough but yea i was just wondering in this point how many watts would be enough for what i want i have told you guys what iwant . thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Gfbl

Post Number: 54
a guy has a dd 9510 on 800 watts and it shakes the crap out of his ride. they seem to be very efficient. DD 9500 and you can always change the amp

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 914
^^^^^^^

That would be a waste of money with only 800 watts. A lower series DD sub with the right amount of power is more efficient than a higher series one with too little power. A 95 series sub with an 800 watt amp is like a Ferrari with a 4 banger under the hood. It would be slower than a honda civic with the same engine.

Michael, I think the first post may be of interest to you:
http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=47

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 392
hey m.s again i would put the 1200.1sx amos to them i never said i was doing only 800 i know whatt u mean though but if i were to get the 9500 i would give them the power atleast 1200 or more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us