Finally Got Some Numbers

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 816
Well I just wanna say that I know they are not anything great but I just wanted to see where I was. So I got my car metered today. I am currently running a 15" tc9 with re mt soft parts I have it in a 2.5 cuft box tuned to 32 hz. My car is a 1997 mercury sable. I only have 500 watts rms running to it right now.
Well here it is.
I hit a 137.5 @ 48hz.
I know nothing great but now I know where I came from. I plan on building a new box. Bigger with interchangeable ports. I also want to buy a Sundown SAZ-1500D but that will have to wait till summer when I am working more. So let me know what you guys think.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 377
see thats wear i get lost is when ppl say there box is tuned to a certain hertz and then they ay it read 140 db's at a different number hertz see STEINKEA you said ure box is tuned at 32 hz so how did it read 48hertz when youre box is 32? i dont get it

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 703
because the frequency of the tone he played was 48 hz, your box typically peaks at 10 hz above its tunning

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3668
this is the answer to ur question as i understood it....
his box is tuned to 32 hz but he burped it at 48.
not the worst score in the world dude. plus isnt the sable a trunk car? try messing with placement.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9633
nice #'s going to that 1500 watt amp should put you up into mid 140's:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 822
Yeah it has a trunk. I ran it with the back seats down. I messed with the placement and this was the loudest, but after I build a new box I am going to seal it off from the rest of the trunk. James I planned on running the amp at 2 ohms daily and then for comps drop it to .5 should be a little louder.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9636
yeah it should:-) nice man!

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4024
thats not a bad score at all. get the saz 1500D and run it at .5 ohm daily.... just turn the gain down some so your not running it at 2500w.... then for burps turn it back up 8)

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Bassrace 147.2 dbHttp://com4....

Post Number: 11199
very nice score indeed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 829
Yeah that may be an option as well. But I am pretty happy with the output for it daily right now and I figured with the little extra power plus the new box I would build should be loud enough for me for everyday. I plan on putting a terminal for each voice coil so wiring will be easy. I dont wanna hurt the sub because it is a tc9 I wouldnt wanna see much more than 1500-1700 daily.

Silver Member

Post Number: 833
Thanks for the compliments. I am happy to hear them because I was hoping it would be louder.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Bassrace 147.2 dbHttp://com4....

Post Number: 11203
137.5 with a daily box in a trunk car is very impressive. don't let anyone tell you its not.

once you put more power and build a better box (meaning more spl oriented) your numbers are going to climb.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3373
too bad your not local.. i'd sell you a nice spl box for a single 15" for like $50

Silver Member

Post Number: 835
Thanks again. My next box I plan is to be able to have a daily port at like 30 hz and then a comp port tuned higher. I also plan on sealing off the rest of my trunk so all the bass goes into the cabin and not back into the trunk. Besides the sundown do you know any other amps that would be .5 ohm stable that puts out around 2500? Money isn't that big of an issue because I will have to wait till summer until I can afford it anyway.

Silver Member

Post Number: 838
Bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 842
Bumping it up again.

Silver Member