Wiring BL

Bronze Member
Username: Ajsmith9008

Post Number: 37
I'm gonna be having my BL go to my zx 1500.1 can some1 hook me up with a good box design and a wiring diagram

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1846
what VC config on the sub... what size BL? what kind of music do u listen to, want the lows? or #'s...

Just a few questions your going to be asked...

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 256
I hope you have the dual 1 ohm version. You will need to wire is in parallel. run a wire from the + of one coil to the - of the other coil. Then hook the remaining positive and negative coils to amp accordingly. The kicker zx series is only 2 ohm stable. If you got the dual 2 ohm version you will need to get a new amp, or get the ZX moded(if you feel ambitious). For daily, i would tune around 30-35 hertz. I dont trust myself to give you sound box dimensions, just make sure it is sealed, and well braced. box flex will hurt your SQ/SPL.

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 257
^^^"Then hook the remaining positive and negative *terminals* to amp accordingly"

Bronze Member
Username: Ajsmith9008

Post Number: 38
alright thanks..it is a dual 1 its a 15" i listen to rap ,reggae, 311 type stuff i was gonna get a box built for me for spl but the box i'm planning on building is my daily listening i just picked up a 8x4 peice of 3/4 mdf some screws all the stuff...just need some dimensions...also my turnk is only like 17 in high so i need the sub facing up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us