9515 VS. BTL

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 695
(2) 9515 vs. (2)18" BTL with 8K RMS both with proper elctrical, and box. i know the DD's have better sq but whatabout SPL? and is the price dif. really worth it ? $1000 vs. $1400

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11148
get the dd. but $1400 is too expensive. you can find them for $550 each. well at least i can.

Silver Member

Post Number: 696
how and where ? fill me in chad

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 3096
then help him out chad

Platinum Member

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11149
if you lived out here i could. they don't ship.

Silver Member

Post Number: 697
well its cool, im sure ill get a good price somewhere. anyway, how do you think the dd's would hold up against the BTL in SPL, especially at low frequency's??

Platinum Member

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11151
they are both good drivers. it would all depend on the install.

honestly i really can't say that the dd sounds better than the btl. i've heard those subs and to me its all the same. put it in a nice install and either one of them will keep you happy. still if i change my subs it would be the dd 9515. especially the G motor. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 698
yeah that motor is a beast, have they already released the 9515 G ?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2513
Ya but look what you are putting up here. You are asking if a pair of 9515's (15" diver) are louder than a pair of BTL 18's. Chances are the 18's will trump the 9515's. Don't get me wrong there is a difference between louder bass and MORE bass. The 18's will produce more bass just from pure displacement value but the 9515's would be louder in the 40hz+ range. Honestly if you are looking for an SQ/SQL then go with the BTLs if you are looking for a SQL/SPL then go with the 9515's. From what I have heard the 9515s do not sound all that great at higher power levels. JMHO Polo..

Platinum Member

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11152
i didn't catch that part. i didn't know you were comparing to the btl 18. lol.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4215
2 18s BTL will Mute 2 9515s...

come on, those are 2 different classes...
rofl

Silver Member

Post Number: 704
hmm...idk ive got lots of diff opionons on this, especially now that DD has teh G series motors released i think it would be VERY close...

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4220
hmm, now if you put 2 9515s in a box for their specs, VS 2 BTL 18s (MTs basically) in a box for their specs....

(both in their optimal box)

Power being held equal (say 5krms), the 18s will still out shine the 15s!

even if its the Z series motor! it has less cone area than the 18" and thats not a lil 18"!

what are you looking for, as far as sound??

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1854
Upload

FTMFW!

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2527
You have to remember a motor will only get you so far! Ok you take a motor add advanced cooling, closer tollerances and a higher BL. Now take into perspective that ok you make an advancement in cooling/materials but you can only get so tight on the magnetic gap, you can only add so many holes to allow cooling and a BL can be only so high before it starts to alter the enclosure it has to go into. Too high of a BL makes for a peaky responce and ends up going into a sealed enclosure. Sure the DD's are nice but they are not the end of to of all ends and are in no wayyy the loudest so ya the 18's under the same power would be loudest in its frequency range. Above 40hz the DD's may have a chance... JMHO...Polo. :-)

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4222
well said Polo..
:-)

when I start listening to rock, and stuff above 40hz I may get a DD... but I just love the authority of low playing subs, with low Fs..

the BTL Fs is a good ways lower than the DD...

I like rap & reggae music, so I need it dumb low!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1857
is DD making the 9500 available in 18 soon i thought i heard talk about that b4.. if they do how would that compare :-)

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4225
I would go DD if that, cause the Cone Materials can not be beat!

as far as cooling, the BTL has a major cooling system the RE MT did not have at all....

as far as beating DD cooling, look at ATOMIC, they have the best cooling ever! DD has the best cones ever!

Silver Member

Post Number: 706
yeah ive heard of those Atomics taking 30,000 + watts on burps before.

Silver Member

Post Number: 707
man have any of you seen the new Z 18's from DD my gooodness..... now THAT would be a badass deathmatch 18" Z vs. 18" BTL

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4227
if u are talking about the 99z then its NO comparison to anything as far as power handling and output. its also no good with less than 5krms...

yes, atomic coils can take that much juice and way more..

Silver Member

Post Number: 713
no no B, dude go to the DD site they jsut released their Z series it has no numbers on it or anything its not like a 99 anything...its simply a Z18.... it has a unique design...go check it out

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 358
2 9917's vs 2 btl 18's is no comparison. DD runs away with it. sry fi lovers :/ n' if ur talkin about numbers between 2 9515's n' 2 18 btl's the DD would prolly win that too. ive seen 2 hit 158.4 i dont think the btl can get up that high. i could be worng tho. polo, b, chad?

Platinum Member

Bassrace 147.2 dbHttp://com4....

Post Number: 11210
there's a dude selling crossfire subs with atomic apx soft parts for $150 each. he has four of them. one is blown so the blown one is cheaper.

they are dual 1ohm and the rms ratings are 2000watts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 714
well maybe in the upper ranges but i dont think the 9515 would win in the lower freq. BUT yeah i conciede DD would win in the upper freq. and the 18" DD's would win all around. but guys i have a huge thing for this new Z line Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4031
the Z series is about the sexiest sub i have ever seen. new XXX < Z

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4235
i hadnt visit dd lately. i will investigate the new Z18...

as far as 2 9917s vs 2 btl 18s

I personally would go with the 9917s, cause of the better cone and materials. with out a doubt I know the 9917s, will be no comparison, cause the cone materials plays alot in spl!
you have a 18 vs a 18, the dd will win here.

as far as the 9915s, vs the btl 18s, im still with the btls :-)
2 18 mts hit way higher than 158.4 in the past, so 2 BTLs with more advance cooling (better mt) Im certain it can break that number with easy!

look around termpro.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 715
well thanks alot B youve been ALOT of help tonight.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 414
its like reading a d@mn dictionary the way they describe it

"The Z series represent the pinochle of transducer archeology. The unique design dates back to the capricious era of unequivocal magnetism and the vector planar research of underwater acoustic proliferation"

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4241
no problem Trey, I try to help when im online (been a while)

Im now about to read up this sexy Z im hearing about...
:-)

I wish more companies are like DD, and update their products and lineups as often as they do!!

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4245
"The Z series represent the pinochle of transducer archeology. The unique design dates back to the capricious era of unequivocal magnetism and the vector planar research of underwater acoustic proliferation. The open architecture concentrates flux lines in the magnetic gap while side lobbing interference cancels stray flux from entering the atmosphere. The result is increased efficiency over the entire bandwidth of collaborating bass frequencies. This allows the Z Series woofers to play amazingly loud with little wasted energy being dissipated as unwarranted heat, this means they get on it and don't get real hot.

The Z Series break new ground in rare earth magnetics, using newly discovered material, neo-demetrious iron proton (Ned), incalculably more strenuous than the other Neo. Ned is highly unstable and very difficult to modulate, yet alone saturate, so its use is mainly limited to noncommercial phase generators used in anti-matter plasma generation. Digital Designs has acquired the rights to use Ned magnetics in non-military acoustic weaponry. The unstable Ned blocks are held in symmetry by the side lobe interference which allows the use of the catchy monolithic Ned block shapes from 2001. These are spatially arrayed to over saturate the Permendur top plate giving huge magnetic energy to drive the voice coils.

The moving parts of the Z Series have undergone minute scrutiny also, the cones feature newly conceived composite materials to handle the extra load lines emanating from the motor, the voice coils are spiral wound for optimum efficiency and the voice coil former is really strong. The spiders also feature new technology never found on arachnid based suspensions, silkaleneotton. Genetically altered spiders produce a chemical blended thread of silk, polyethylene and cotton. This synthetic blend is superior to our other synthetic blend. The new synthetic blend is stronger than standard arachnid fiber, more flexible than polyunsaturated polyethylene, lighter than water (it actually floats) and yet so soft and comfortable. This material can stretch to 1.7 times its weight, allowing for unpresidential travel."

this is the technology and research we need more of.... thumbs up for dd
NED magnetics looks like the future...
I may purchase some of those.. wait let me imaging a price 1st..

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2533
Buy the practicality goes down the drain and in the long run there is no guarrantee... :-O Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1309
"The spiders also feature new technology never found on arachnid based suspensions, silkaleneotton. Genetically altered spiders produce a chemical blended thread of silk, polyethylene and cotton. This synthetic blend is superior to our other synthetic blend. The new synthetic blend is stronger than standard arachnid fiber, more flexible than polyunsaturated polyethylene, lighter than water (it actually floats) and yet so soft and comfortable."

^^^ what the hell are these guys smoking? lol

i also love how the sensitivity is "emo" lmao

the sub just looks mean...

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us