I need help!!! (Knows a few bout subwoofers but not as much as u guys!)

Username: Samio866

Post Number: 1
Ok lets get down to the real good stuff, here is my setup.

QSC 2450 Amplifier, (Running stereo 1400 Watts each channel, or bridge 2400 Watts)
I have a Dual Vented 10'' Box Unloaded,
and a Dual Sealed 10'' Box...

What drivers should I use? My budget is around 150 for the pair. (approx $75 for per woofer) Please help... I've had Logitech Speakers (blown), Pioneers (blown), Rockford Fosgate (blown), and Lanzar MAX which is going to blow... lol

I need somthing where i can turn it up and have a gurantee of not blowing, but somthing loud like the logitech speakers that shakes my body lol... i think its called SPL, so please help... I've heard so much great things about this site... I dont know if i can classify this as home theater or not... But yeah, My box goes under the desk that my comp is on by the way...

If this helps, I listen to reggae music with BIG basslines, Joyride Riddim, Bam Bam Riddim, Etc Etc... even some rap music but not as much...
So what do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 507
Well first of all I own an RMX 2450 and it puts out 500 @ 8 ohms stereo, 750 @ 4 ohms stereo, or 1500 bridged @ 8 ohms, 2400 bridged @ 4 ohms. It runs my live monitor stack.

The problems you are having is the size of your woofers and the price-range you are in. Of course you are going to blow those kind of cheap woofers you had. You have to remember that car amps and professional amps like the 2450 are different animals. The RMX series of amps are truly one of the best ever made for the money, and they put out brutal, real-world power 24/7.

I can't think of any 10's in that price range that can handle that amp off hand.

Post Number: 2
I was thinking snagging up two of these...
http://www.bargainunlimited.com/servlet/Detail?no=316

or.. http://www.bargainunlimited.com/servlet/Detail?no=267

man i dont know, lol, is 12''s better than 10''s ? i might as well order a 12'' box + woofers... what u guys think?

Post Number: 4
I need to get better wireing too, what you guys recommend? Im going to run it 8 ohms wired up, on one channel, so that shouldn't hurt, should it? lol

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1179
if you can get 750 watts a final impedence of 4 ohms, maybe a fi Q? but that is still like a million dollars over your budget. jk dude, but seriously, this amp sounds like an absolute beast and you have a budget of 150 bucks? i really cant be of any help though because im not familiar with that amp, and i dont do house stereos too much...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1180
those pioneers are probably pretty good speakers, people may bash them on this forum though, but you still have alot of extra power you dont really have a need for?...

Post Number: 5
I received the amplifier from the church, because they attained a more powerful one lol... I keep charge of the drums and mic's equipment etc etc, but when it comes to subwoofers... i suck...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1181
the audiobahns would suck though, its ok to bash audiobahn. they really do suck... :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1182
is that just a 1 channel amp?

Post Number: 6
I need the power because this amplifier is only playing at 6 db Gain on just 1 channel n its blowing everything in its way... look if u have AIM, please IM me @ '' Gtchickencurry '' This posting system is pretty... workfull? lol... theres nothing i can do really, The b4 pioneers were nice n accurate, but 150 rms each... however, i need somthing much more better, perhaps 150$ for 1 speaker, then another 1 later? i can put one in the seal box considering there is a mdf board seperating driver 1 from driver 2.. what you guys think?

Post Number: 7
It is a 2 channel amplifier that is used for LIVE Music, read above the specs that Brad Put... I play only 1 channel because, if I bridge it, it will literally blow anything...

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 508
LOL Tremor I posted the specs. It is basically two monoblocks in a chassis.

And Sam, dude lol, you can't just pair a professional $900 amp with crap speakers and expect everything in your room to shake. Take the fact that you got that amp for free into account and save up until you can afford some quality 15's.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 509
Just to give you an idea of what it can do, I have personally seen that amp running two slot-loaded 18's (JBL HLA 4897A) bridged at 4 ohms run 130db @ 65hz at ten meters.

Post Number: 9
well... dam... can't i just get recommended speakers until i save enough money? pleeez? lol 15''s are good? i thaught 15 can't do bass good, 12's is best, and 10's are like mid base 60-150 ..? can i run 18's? what is the differences n etc etc of sizes? Can u give me a quick IM, i have lots of questions...

Post Number: 10
Alright im just going to get a dual 12'' seperately vented box and buy one of these ... http://www.bargainunlimited.com/servlet/Detail?no=95 and then buy another later on... good idea?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Anybody?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us