Big 3 done whered the bass go?

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 204
did my big 3 a few days ago and was getting bad voltage drops. i found a ground screw stripped on the frame.so i put everything back factory until i figured something out.well when i played my system after that,it was like i had 1/2 the bass as before i tried the big 3.so now the 3 is done volts are great never below 14 at the amp,but still not as much bass as i had the 1st few days sub was in.SO please help,whered the bass go?at 15 on my hu with all settings the same as before,i can hardly hear anything from the sub,before at 15 there was a deep rich sound filling the cab,at 20 it was flexin the windshield.now at 20 its noticable bass but not impressive,and its not as clear.all settings are the same.so i tried another set of rca,s over the seat deal and there was no change.grounds are great power is there and rca's seem good,sub is wired correctly,never touched.2ohms on a kx 600.1. is there a way to check the strength of the signal of the rca's comin from the hu.the only way i can explain the sound is like a garden hose being kinked.sound was flowing great at low volumes before ,now its kinda muffled and not much volume,had to up the gain and the boost to get close to the same output i had.now its not near as clean or loud.its like if i could just flip a switch or something the bass would be there.i mean its still loud,if youde never heard it before youd say its pretty good.prolly high 130s,but surely was over 140 before.any suggestions will be looked into.checked box, no leaks,maybe is there away to check the signal coming out of the amp,dont know please help.o today i hooked my old sub in a diff box up it was the same,ran both at 1 ohm and it was as loud as just the 15 before at 2ohms.somethins not quite rite.its ok but not rite.just some sugg. on how to check signal strength and whatnot would be great,and what my speaker outputs on my amp should read while playing.

Bronze Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 92
check your source volume level on the head unit and the subwoofer level

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 3092
blew a fuse?

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 205
thanks guys,(M&M Audio,)when i did the big 3 i disconnected the bat.cables and that put all the eq setting on the H.U.back to default settings.I hope this is the answer,its too late tonite(dont want to wake the neighbors)well i guess i could,lol j/k,but i got the manual out for my hu,its a pioneer deh 1600 like an 03 model,and it has lots of eq adj. that i had set when i got the hu then forgot about cause they are kinda hard to get to if you dont have the book w/you.I'll get on that tomorrow and see how it goes.hope and pray that this works.

Bronze Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 95
more than likely it is the source volume level.....people forget about it..its kind of like having the volume up on your desktop and up on your speakers and then down on your desktop and up on your speakers.......its not the same cause the source is cut down.....if not that then sub output level

Username: Famous22

Post Number: 7
Man I had the same problem with my setup and still do. I use to have a panasonic deck and upgrade to a DUAL 7" motorized dvd, mp3, etc. Now with this new deck it just dont sound as great as myold deck. How do I change my source volume level>? Could be a blown fuse in my 4 gauge wire to the battery. But I was told if the fuse was blown the amp wouldnt power up. im confused please help. srry for being so newbish ;P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us