I got em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1838
I got the 9515's today!!!!! wooooooo they banngggggggggggg so nicly, i designed the box at 40hz but the best part about it.... the ride tuned it realllly nice it sounds clean and loud at 20hz and just as clean at 40hz with box rise and all and from my voltage drop guessing on my stock alt.. i think i am only doing about 3.8-4K between the 2 amps that would do 4.4K at 2ohm.. without the rise... but when i move the box further away from the rear (i have to fold the seats down to do this) i moved it about 7inchs from the rear and it got about 3x louder but didnt stay as loud at the lower notes, it went back to the 40hz tuning.... it was loud. I loveeeeeeeeeeee it... pics\vids later on tonight
My friends neighbor got in my ride aand i turned it up... he pluged his ears and bailed out of the ride i wish i got it on cam :-(

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 254
Congrats, get us some number's : ).

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1204
good to hear man

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11139
its about time. lol. congrats and i hate you. damn i want those subs. lol.

btw did you get the extra stickers i sent you?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1385
Did you say you're running off a stock alt?What kind of batts do you have in there?

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1841
Im not even seeing a big voltage drop with the 100A stock alt. and one redtop and one yellow top, all on some brand new kicker hyper flex 0gauge Yes i did chad :-) ill have pictures of that to, it looks lots better on the paint then a black window lol. They sound niceee :-)

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 813
I cant wait for pics.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11780
^^X2

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1842
i been cruisin breakin them in all day.. they are getting alot louder and staying just as clean

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 363
lol sweet cant wait for pics i am liking these subs the more i hear about them

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3769
sounds sweet, definatly need tons of pics of the install

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1845
:-) ill get them when i get off work in the morn. vids to :-) this setup ripped my ride a new one

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10946
play those subs free with some sine waves & it will def break in faster ......

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10947
^^^free-air i meant .....

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1389
4.4K on a stock alt FTW!

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11175
did you check to see what the voltage was reading?

also do you at least have extra batteries?

i would really take it easy man. you don't want something dying on you.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3675
i love dd i kinda miss having my 9512 in i need to buy a new alt and maybe try to build a small ported box boo space i hate it lol

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 817
I need pics.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 736
ur running close to 4k watts on a 100amp?????

holy crap lol

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 384
wheres teh vids and pics? lol cant wait to see

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1188
vids now...

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 387
yea where are they lol, u said theyd be hear this morning i really wanna see

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1855
lol camera problems but i did get one vid and 2 pics ill get a better vid later... but its uploading to roe now.. yes im running like 4.4K or so on the stock 100A i have 2 optimas..yellow in cargo area and redtop under hood, my voltage is suprisingly staying in the 13-14V range when driving and only goes down to the 12.7V range when idle and parked. I dont bang it to long before turning it down to let it charge for a bit. Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4221
sub looks sexy man...

but Im a electrical engineer, and Im try to figure out what equation I can use to make 4.4krms out of 100amps of current! I cant! :-(

"yes im running like 4.4K or so on the stock 100A i have 2 optimas..yellow in cargo area and redtop under hood, my voltage is suprisingly staying in the 13-14V range when driving and only goes down to the 12.7V range when idle and parked. "

yes, so voltage is okay, but how is current? 2 different apples, dont get caught up with voltage only, cause current is 5X more important.

your majority of current is actually coming from the optimas, not even your alternator... :-( and mostly from the deep cycle batt (yellow)

hope you get a 300a HO alt soon, with an additional yellow in the back...

right now, your prob getting 1500-2000rms, no where 4krms

mathematically, 4 batts will push 4krms to its potential.

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1856
But doesnt the voltage drop below the floating point of the battery once current limits have been reached? The subs arent getting all of the power either, i have a 500rms amp on my comps. but if that is the case, i am happier :-) that means once i get the 4 HC2400's and the 300A this should bet lotsss louder

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4223
yes, with more batts and current, it will sound like 2 different systems completly!

if the current is maxed out, yes the voltage will dip way lower than the float voltage. by that time its too late for your equipment, cause it only has to happen 1 or 2 times! amp and subs can be lost!

now you say (4) 2400s, you will not only need a 300a, but u will need a good size battery banks, consisting of 6-8batts for full power.

trust me, your looking at spending 1200 in batts just to power it correctly...

put that load on just a 300a, and you will fry the poor alternator. if this is daily I would atleast try to give each amp 2 batts!

to see all your rms power.

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1858
thats what i figured, 4HC2400's in the rear with a 1800 under the hood, i figure about 1300$ for that and i just got priced on the 300A for 420~ i forget the exact number but i am still looking for sum1 to make brackets for alt #2 but have never had any luck.. im always willing to buy those lol. my batts never dipped under 12.5V tho B what does that say? i dont get it.. once my alt gets hot, it drops more but i turn it down when im idle and it does that.

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4229
ok, well those are some good batts, couple with the 1800 in front, should be plenty strong.

ohio gen makes brackets, but as you know it can be made at a machine shop for less..

your batts never dipped under 12.5 cause its a good batt (optima)

now run a sine wave cd on your system and burp, get your DMM to record your lowest voltage, I bet it dips into the low 10v! the human eye cant see this that fast, so a dmm with a min, or max hold is of good use.

I know for a fact, I ran 4krms on 2 yellows ok, but at burps when the amp needed current to get loud, those batts hit 9.5 v quick!

at idle, the alternator is not spinning at 2000rpm plus, so output current is normally half what its rated on a HO alternator at idle!

stock alternator expect to see 1/4 the ratings at idle!

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 884
well B hit the nail on the head ... lol

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1861
:-) just makes me feel better that its going to be even louder then i think, but ya with a sine wave im sure its gunna dipp really bad but these stilll are doing very nice on the power they are supplied with
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us