Who has audiobahns?

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 571
haha let's not bash them. I think I now have a setup geared towars SPL. 2 Flame Q audiobahns driven by 2400W audiobahn amp and now with an HO alternator. The subs are REALLY loud in my slot ported box tuned to 45Hz lol Maybe audiobahn is a good budget SPL setup? Just a thought for ppl out there... I was gonna put in my new TC1000s, but they don't fit in that box!! ughhhhhh

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... I GOT KING K...

Post Number: 4142
i used to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j8jDv0T8RQ

but i had a hifoncis bxi2006d i sold it and i got a new one :-)

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1288
friend of mine had an AW1508t off a 1200wrms hifonics amp. sounded horrible lol, but it got decently loud for being underpowered. yeah, AB is a good choice for strict SPL...

is this your daily setup?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1890
2 Audiobahns on 2400w in a 45hz box =Upload

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 573
I got the amp before I knew anything about amp classes. I don't compete, so this is my daily setup for now. All I need is a TCAB from mr. potts to drop in my TCs and there will be my SQ set up. Question, I should get more output with less current draw if I got like a class D US amps amp? BTW I have almost the exact same box as in that youtube vid.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 574
Rearrangeya, you're probably right, but guess what? I can afford to blow a pair of these babies every month lol BTW I've been underpowering them with my 70amp alternator for past 3 years and now it comes out 1 sub had a negative lead disconnected from the other coil and the other sub had positive lead disconnected from the amp..not sure how they were playing, but they were. All fixed now and they bang, I check them often to make sure they're not getting too hot.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1291
class D is the most efficient of any amp type, so yes. brand doesn't matter really...

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1292
he didn't mean they blow up lol. btw, you weren't under powering them with a 70amp alt... you were clipping them

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1893
Send me some money.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1837
gunna fu<k your charging system up.. and if one VC terminal was disconnected from the sub and its DVC you can ruin your coils, and your resistance wasnt right and could of screwed somthing else up, and it isnt pulling as much power as you think. Probally alot louder once you fixed all that... i like that smiley......UploadUploadUpload

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 577
Yeah, it was a sh_it load louder when I hooked everything back up. And those b_itches didn't get fried from all that neglegence. For $90, you can't beat that hahaha
Btw I knew my charging sucked, so I made sure not to turn it up too loud.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11125
Upload

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 579
Nice, Chad. Whose system is that? Sound good or just loud?

Platinum Member

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11126
it was a car at the show i went to over the weekend. it sounded pretty good.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 581
i bet it cost a hella less too

Bronze Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 22
to me i am new and have not heard some of the better subs but audiobahn is ok to me i have heard some real bad subs doe i got some dub mag 6x9s and audiobahn makes them ok speakers

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 582
Yeah, if someone's on a really tight budget and needs some power, you can def do audiobahn for a lot less. I have heard boss subs, now THOSE sound like garbage.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1369
I'm glad to say no.I don't have Audiobahn products :-)

Platinum Member

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11128
lets just say audiobah is a class on its own. lol.

when i first started out on this i had a pair of audiobahn 1208t's. i was so proud of them. i used to open my trunk to let my friends see them. they were like "damn that is awesome" (my friends aren't into car audio so they dont know). i also bragged to many people at my work. lol. i even had sony explode 4 channel amp in my car and i used to brag that to all my co workers.

then one day i found this site. after reading for a couple of weeks i realized i was an idiot. not an idiot for buying audiobahns but bragging about it thinking i had the best subs around. lol.

audiobahn is okay imo. that is why they are making money and still going strong. i guess now i am caught up on what the spl dudes are using and i want to be just like them. lol.

FI FOR LIFE!!!!! (until i decide to change to DD. then its DD for life)

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 584
Haha i'm in the same boat, except i don't brag about mine lol

now mine is loud, that's about it. i want to be one of those people who can appreciate lower end stuff and higher end stuff for what they are. sounds like you've already done that, so your advice is just that much more valuable, Chad.

Platinum Member

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11145
thanks.

audiobahn ain't half bad. i just think they are over priced. they have a nice logo imo.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 600
Overpriced as in MSRP? eBay has them REAL cheap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us