Excessive Amperage alternator

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 569
My 180amp HO alt from Nate finally arrived Saturday and I got it installed today. Day 1...I beat it senseless with my power hungry high current audiobahn and it delivered, it did things i've never seen it do before. It made my subs work finally. The alternator fit right in, as Nate said, gives plenty of current, and no modifications were needed. If anything goes wrong in the future, I'll post. For now, A+ for excessive amperage.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 82
Well here's a ttt for that

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11773
Nice...

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 572
what's a ttt?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11775
to
the

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 575
hmmm of course? lol

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3567
how much did he charge for it, and did it come with any kind of warranty? and pics!

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 578
It was $350 shipped and I only had it for 15 mins before installing it. It was shipped to my friend's and I just picked it up and went to a local mechanic. It looked good though haha I got a quote from Ohio generators i think? It was $600+ I think 180amps is the most you can get without making any modifications in my car.

Silver Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 344
Hopefully it won't crap out on you like mine did.

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 119
how long after you had yours did it crap out DJBEANPOLE? I was thinking of getting one from them, but lately people have told me to go with irragi, but i heard he's EXTREMLY slow.

Silver Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 345
Meh, it was probably around a month or so after I'd had it installed that I started to notice some small problems. But they were things I would have never associated with the alternator so I never figured it was the point of the problem until I had it looked at.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 601
From the time I initially talked to Nate, it was almost 3 weeks till the day I received the alt...that's not bad. I'll see how it is after a month, if you want to wait that long

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 863
$350 for 180 amps? Yikes!!! 1

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 603
You're saying that's expensive? Ohio Generatos would be more expensive than that. h-o-alternators.com gave me a price quote of over $600. 170amp HO alt on eBay for my car are $350.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 83
Yeah, 350 is cheap especially if you have a newer vehicle. The dealership charges around $600 for a stock taco alt. Plus actually having your amp perform to it's rated specs... Priceless.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 610
Yep...even one of the guys in a stereo shop said, "wow that's a deal"

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4219
Nathan is a great guy, he will take care of you. and for the guy who alternator crapped, he should have said his battery crapped. cause chances are Nathan sending you bad equipment is minimal!

a alternator is only as good as the battery it is charging (loading) if the battery has bad cells, or just hasnt been taken care of correctly (boost charges etc) then yea, it will kill a alternator eventually!

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 868
$600 for a stock alt? Yikes again!

This is why I love Chevrolet / GM. Stock alt for my truck is $80.

300 amp alt from Iraggi is $420. A 180 amp is $200.

I didn't realize other cars were so much more expensive. What all cars do you guys have?

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 616
I have a civic. I heard iraggi was slow. If you think EA is expensive, check every other site than iraggi and it'll be even more expensive. $350 was a good price for me, plus he answered all emails promptly.

Bronze Member
Username: Pete_the_pup

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 11
I just got a 200A alt. for my truck. It was $218.00 shipping and all from DBELECTRIC. My Orion HCCA-D2400 when really cranked up will make the interior lights dim when idling but I can live with that! Pete

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 617
Yeah, I saw prices for domestic vehicle alternators, and those seem to be a lot cheaper than those for import cars.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us