Whats comparable to JL w6?

Bronze Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 40
I have a 12in JL W6V2, but I was wondering whats comparable in like a 10? I'ma be moving to a bigger city soon and I might sell my w6 for something smaller but can still pack a mean punch so I can save some space in my trunk. My amp is 600watt mono PG Xenon. Im open to all oppinions/suggestions. I would like to keep it under $300.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 661
fi Q

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11757
Idmax
crystal comp
Treo ssi
rl-p

not really a q....it has good sq not on the same level though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I've heard the rl-p and idmax are nice. What would be the way you'd go? I listen to a variaty of music.. from rap and hiphop, all the way to country and dance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
I've heard the rl-p and idmax are nice. Would they give me pretty good spl along with sq? How about the treo? I listen to a variaty of music.. from rap and hiphop, all the way to country and dance and the sub will be going in the trunk of a WRX. Which sub/box type would you go with?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11772
IDMAX FTW

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1889
The dub6 is very close to the Q in SQ, but it is a little better, at least that is what the organizers of The Great 12 Challenge believe. Here are the results:

1. Aura Sound MR 12.4
2. Stereo Integrity Magnum D2
3. Rainbow Vanadium
4. JL W6v2
5. Stereo Integrity BM/Fi Q -- hard to pick a clear favorite here

SQ is subjective though and everyone might think SQ is a different thing to them.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1290
you might be best just keeping the W6... i'm sure it can handle a smaller box than what you have. JMO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
My box is ported, soo its a little on the big side. I've tried my JL in a sealed box (wasnt to specs tho) and it just didnt get loud enough for my taste... so is why I went ported. When it was sealed, I had to have my seat down for it be loud enough. But on a different note, heres a crazy idea.. do free air setups sound any good? Or would I disapointed? (If it cud maybe be an option for me, whats a nice sub for it..)

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1293
to tell you the truth i have never seen a free air subwoofer system... i think the infinity perfect vq can do it though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Hmm... I never realy knew much about them untill I came across a post on a site of one in a bmw. It looked nice and was mounted in the center of the backseat. Then it could be consealed with the flipdown part. My wrx has the same sorta backseat.. with a flip down center. If they actually sound nice, and wouldnt make me miss my ported JL, then Id definately do that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us